Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a small issue with my blinker, specifically the left signal.

I turn on the left signal, and then turn it off, but the indicator on the dash goes from bright, to dim, as if its still on. With the indicator light kinda dim, the actual lights are still kinda on as well. When I turn the blinker back on, the lights are on but stuck and then there's this noise, this fast consistent clicking/ticking noise. I took the seat off and theres this module thing by the battery that is kinda pulsating/vibrating/clicking, its really annoying.
I get on the bike and ride, it still does it when i turn the signal on, and when i turn it off the dash indicator goes dim. Now after i ride a few miles, I try it again, now the blinker works just fine, no issues.

This has happened to me twice now.
Maybe is some relay or something that is going bad or sticking??

Thanks for any advice

·
Member? ... check.
536 Posts
gcextreme,

If I flip a coin twice, I may also see heads both times. Just because it happened on the left both times, it may not necessarily be related solely to the left.

I have not tried to do it personnally, so I do not even know if it can be done; but I do think I would first clean and lube the contacts (contact cleaner/lube) of the turn signal switch if possible, and then I would replace the turn signal relay with one that will work with LED lights as well as incandescent. Very cheap, and would most likely fix the issue.

hope that helps,

~~C8>

·
Registered
167 Posts
It couldn't be a simple fix like taking the left blinker off and checking that the 3 bullet connectors are properly seated and there are no nicks in the wires could it? It is free so I would try it first. I remember mine acted funny when 1 of the 3 connectors was half in/out.

Also, isn't that clicking normal? Mine clicks consistently if the bike is off and I have the ignition turned to "on".

·
Member? ... check.
536 Posts
Great suggestion on the wires Papa. Not sure about the clicking, mine does not click after the ignition is switched on. It just waits anxiously for the start button.

~~C8>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts