Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jagmotorcycle Has Had A Number Of Blem Windshields On Ebay That Fit Kawasaki Cruisers 1969-2007. I Was Wondering If Anyone Had Put One Of These Windshields On Their Vulcan 750 & How It Worked. This Is My First Post So I Cannot Include A Link But If You Look For "vulcan 750 Windshield" On Ebay You Will Find It Easily.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for adding the link.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
No prob - look like they're good looking windshields.... It'll be interesting to see if anyone has ordered one (looks like they're offbrand?).

One of the most popular windshields with this group is the national cycle plexifairing 3 (commonly called the PF3) - some also prefer offerings from memphis shades.

I'll have my PF3 today... it's "on the truck for delivery" as we speak (It'll make sitting in class hard knowing I could be putting it on).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it look to you like the type of bracket on those windshields will fit around or above the gauges and cable on a VN750?

·
Registered
18 Posts
So curtis97322,

Did you put the PF3 on and do you like it? Anyone else have a windshield and care to comment? Long ago I had a Vetter Windjammer Fairing on a KZ650 and loved it. Think it would fit on one of these 750's?

Scott

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I've got national cycles "flyscreen" It looks sweet but not to effective on the hyway. I wish it was a little bigger. I'm working on it though!
But in regards to the post, I've looked at them too. And I also wondered what they would look like on our bikes.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
I like the PF3, but if anything it could stand to be a teeny bit taller (I'm 6'3 with a long torso). For the average height person, it's perfect or a bit tall.

Of the shields available, I think it's one of the better options (I can't say the best because I haven't seen any but the PF3 in person on a VN750).

All and all, it makes riding more enjoyable at higher speeds (Ya ain't getting pushed off the bike by the wind)... There's something to be said for riding a naked bike - there's also something to be said for riding behind a shield.

Eventually I'll get a touring/ cruiser bike with full fairing from the factory - at that point the VN (or another one) will be naked... but that's just cause I'm weird.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Go weird! That's what we all do best! If there's one thing above most that I've learnt about folks (guys & girls) who ride is we're all a little bit our own creatures. We ride for our own reasons & what makes us comfotable is what makes us US! Ride On!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Okay, so my wife doesn't like the Vetter fairing I was going to buy on Ebay. So I guess I'll order a PF3. I really liked the extra storage (be it very small) that the Vetter gave you but I guess the bulky looking blob in the front messes up the sleek lines.

Scott

·
Super Moderator
11,934 Posts
Your wife doesn't like it? Is it her bike or yours? (sound of whip cracking...)

Fitting a Vetter to the Vulcan is not always any easy chore. The PF-3 for this bike is fairly easy to install and yes, does not look as "bulky" as the larger frame mount fairings..

KM

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well actually it's ours and since she rides on it and helped pay for it. But looking at the pictures, it appears that the turn signals need to be relocated. Did you have to do that or does it fit the way it is?

·
Registered
236 Posts
So curtis97322,

Did you put the PF3 on and do you like it? Anyone else have a windshield and care to comment? Long ago I had a Vetter Windjammer Fairing on a KZ650 and loved it. Think it would fit on one of these 750's?

Scott
I've got two different shields for my bike. It had a Slipstreamer Enterprise II when I bought it that is similar to the PF3, and I put a Slipstremer Spit Fire on it for the summer. The Enterprise (aka. the Big Ugly) is great for cold weather and keeps a lot of wind off of you. I love the smaller shield in the summer because I still get some wind on me to cool me off a little, but no so much that I'm fighting it.

Here's what my bike looks like with the Big Ugly.

And here's a shot of it with the SpitFire.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts