Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i make the wheels from a 1991, or any other post 1986 vn750, black? i love the look of the black contrasting against the alluminum spoke. idk why they went away from that.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
they never were black from the factory.. even the VN700 had aluminum wheels... any other color was either painted or powdercoated by the Previous Owner (PO)

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
they never were black from the factory.. even the VN700 had aluminum wheels... any other color was either painted or powdercoated by the Previous Owner (PO)
I don't think so Slim the older models were black with polished accents.As for how to do it all you have to do is tape off the smooth polished parts of the spokes and paint the rest,pull off the tape after the paint is dry and you're set.

I used Krylon bbq and stove paint it is sort of a semigloss finish and extremely durable and covers great,wash the entire wheel with lacquer thinner before masking and painting to remove en oil or grime,If you want it to shine after the black has cured spray a coat of clear poly urethane over the black paint before removing the tape,been there done that,know it works.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is not true. the 85 and 86 ARE black from the factory. they are anodyzed alluminum.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
that is not true. the 85 and 86 ARE black from the factory. they are anodyzed alluminum.
You are correct ,those two years were black,I was just telling you how to do it, if you wanted that look.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, most people dont even know because from 1987-2006, they are silver. very rare for a 85 or 86

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Yup, mine are exactly that way. Tape and spray is the way to go (as it was mentioned before).

·
Yahoo VN750 Group Owner
261 Posts
Black Wheels

I have a 2000 model with black wheels. That's because I had an '86 before, and when I bought the 2000 I transferred the wheels (with almost new Metzelers) and fenders and side covers from the '86 because I liked the BLACK better than "Pearl Chateau Gray." Also looks better with the black full fairing and lowers. You can see some pics in the links in my sig. I haven't looked at them for a while, but I'm sure some of them must show the wheels....

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
My wheels are black with silver accent spoke and it is factory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts