Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody figured out how to make the black plastic black again? I just bought an 86 VN750 and trying to make it look good with oxidized plastic bites.:confused:

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
wwmkwood said:
Has anybody figured out how to make the black plastic black again? I just bought an 86 VN750 and trying to make it look good with oxidized plastic bites.:confused:
I'm guessing you mean the side collars by the handlebars? I actually scuffed mine up real good and repainted them, but I'm sure someone will have some good info on restoring them without paint.

I had the same problem on my plastic fendered Jeeps.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've thought about doing that, the ear inserts and radiater grid would be a real pain.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For things like the turn signal and kill switch collars, you can smear a little white lithium grease (or any type of oil really) on it. It's temporary, but works really well!

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Two things I use..
Used motor oil. I've used this on radiator covers and the neck pieces. Drop the pieces into the pan, let it soak up the oil then hang to let it drip off. Wipe it down and re-install
And a product called Mothers Back-to-Black (bumper and trim care)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found some Mothers Back to Black today. Stuff seems to work but this summer will be the real test.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts