Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to do a project on "black out" of a 1985 vn 700. I was thinking gloss on tank, fenders, side covers, rims, head lamp cover, guages, and shocks. I was going to matte or flat everything else. Would be nice to have a subtle red "lipstick" line on tank and run it into the fenders. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas. Or, could shoot a pic or two of another bike you have seen. thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
I am going to do a project on "black out" of a 1985 vn 700. I was thinking gloss on tank, fenders, side covers, rims, head lamp cover, guages, and shocks. I was going to matte or flat everything else. Would be nice to have a subtle red "lipstick" line on tank and run it into the fenders. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas. Or, could shoot a pic or two of another bike you have seen. thanks
This kinda sounds like what your looking for

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Would be sweet

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Merc's Drifter's been blacked....I keep tryin to talk him into letting me pinstripe it with red.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blacked out

This is exactly what I am looking for. I cannot find the T drag bars for the vn 700. I can only fin Renthal 7/8 street handlebars or Bike Master Drag Bar with 0" pull, but if go that route I have to purchase a 1" riser minimum. Any suggestions on cool risers for the vn 700?

I really like the T bars in this pic - just wont fit on the vn 700.

Love the red highlights.

Thanks for sharing.

This kinda sounds like what your looking for

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is exactly what I am looking for. I cannot find the T drag bars for the vn 700. I can only fin Renthal 7/8 street handlebars or Bike Master Drag Bar with 0" pull, but if go that route I have to purchase a 1" riser minimum. Any suggestions on cool risers for the vn 700?

Love the red highlights.

Thanks for sharing.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
That's a tough one as the vn's risers are intgrated into the top triple tree

·
Registered
456 Posts

Love the red highlights.

Thanks for sharing.
I dont think your going to be able to find the bars like that one in the pic just because of the design of the handlebar clamp on the vulcan.

You can probably can do a riser in the clamp then the drag bar. You may have to go higher then the 1 inch to clear the tank though.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I saw a guy that made a plate thar mounted to the top clamp and then mounted the t bars to that.don't know about how sage itwas,but it worked.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I think these would work. 6 inches is probably the right distance - what bars would look the best (straight or pulled)? Also, any idea on finding these dog bone risers?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
That's the "Special Edition." I know a guy on the Meanie forum that got that then painted over it with something completely different. Everyone was like, "why'd you get the SE in the first place!?" LOL!! I see black and red a lot. I think something like a matte or satin black and some bright green pinstriping would look pretty badass...

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
That's the "Special Edition." I know a guy on the Meanie forum that got that then painted over it with something completely different. Everyone was like, "why'd you get the SE in the first place!?" LOL!! I see black and red a lot. I think something like a matte or satin black and some bright green pinstriping would look pretty badass...
or matte black and the color of your meanie pin striped....

and green too for flair.

kenny

1 - 20 of 20 Posts