Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a set of carbs off ebay. Got them and one of the black elbow thingys is broken. Can this part be purchased seperately ? How is it removed from the carb? thanks
:motorcycl

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure its the same elbow. there are two on the carbs ..they look like and L and they are hard plastic. How do you remove them? I will try to post a pic.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the part that 92037 hose clamp holds onto. its on the carb schematic but no part number.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Oh is that where the fuel line goes to? My carbs don't have that, I just put the fuel line directly on there and tighten with one of those clamps that has a screw on them. It doesn't leak.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Its the part that 92037 hose clamp holds onto. its on the carb schematic but no part number.
Clamp number 92037 matches the one that holds the rubber fuel lines on.

92037B holds a larger *L* shaped duct - 14073 A or B ( see my post #2)

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its just the hard plastic little elbow, not the air duct or boot. It is screwed into the carburator as in my previous pic.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
So it is the fuel inlet to the carb bowl.
That may be an integral part of the carb body (since it does not have a separate part number), and not easily separated.
If so, you just bought a pig in a poke, and I would try to get a refund from the vendor, as he sold you a broken carb.

Is the elbow you are talking about attached to the blue hose in this pic.
http://www.vn750.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=676&cat=548

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks ol hoss. I am currently emailing back and forth with the guy. He says it was fine when it left. If so...it was damaged in transit. I asked him if he had insurance on it. I always put insurance in case its damaged etc. We shall see what prevails. He denys everything and says he is legit. We shall see. :)

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Mine is like that and runs quite fine. No leak or anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts