Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do not patronize this seller. They advertise one thing and ship another and DO NOT answer repeated emails for a refund. They are an ebay seller.

·
Vintage bike addict
859 Posts
Good to know.

·
Registered
707 Posts
any details on what happend?

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I ordered a set of stainless screws for the Master Cylinder cover, they shipped me a set of screws that might fit a toy but certainly not this bike. I emailed and asked for an exchange or refund, that was 13 days ago, a second email was sent 3 days ago, and an email to Ebay asking for assistance all with zero results. Fortunately, I am only out $10 bucks with shipping - but this may keep someone else from being out a lot more. Chalk it up to lesson learned.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I order a set of stainless screws for the Master Cylinder cover, they shipped me a set of screws that might fit a toy but certainly not this bike. I emailed and asked for an exchange or refund, that was 13 days ago, a second email was sent 3 days ago, and an email to Ebay asking for assistance all with zero results. Fortunately, I am only out $10 bucks with shipping - but this may keep someone else from being out a lot more. Chalk it up to lesson learned.
Sorry to hear you got ripped, if you have an ACE Hardware in your area they will have the SS screws, about a buck a piece. Take one with you to match up. :smiley_th

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
I'd go through the complaint process with e-bay, and assuming you paid with paypal - the item not as described process...

It's only $10, but it's the principle of the thing... (why someone would pay that for two screws is beyond me, but that's beside the point)

Thanks for the heads up though!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Hmm, I just tried searching that name on eBay and got "No Results Found"?
Do you have a link to them or the item you bought?

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
If you used paypal they also have a resoulution department and do help make the other party pay you back. Its worked well for me in the past....just anothere avenue that youre able to take.

Peace:beerchug:

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Ah ha, I was seaching Bikers Planet, not bikersplanet.
With neg FB's showing 13 in the last month, I don't think I would've dealt with them to begin with.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually paid $4 and change, but shipping brought it to $10. Normally don't shop Ace, but will check it out for the screws, another lesson learned. I figured if they were in the bike business and advertised the exact screw for the job, that it wouldn't be a bad deal. Nice to know though that they are not reputable and maybe my error will save one of you some $$ in the future. I'll try the Pay Pal route as well.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Although I haven't yet had troubles with sellers on eBay, I have heard that PayPal is much better at resolving problems than eBay is.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I actually paid $4 and change, but shipping brought it to $10. Normally don't shop Ace, but will check it out for the screws, another lesson learned. I figured if they were in the bike business and advertised the exact screw for the job, that it wouldn't be a bad deal. Nice to know though that they are not reputable and maybe my error will save one of you some $$ in the future. I'll try the Pay Pal route as well.
The ones from ace will have an allen head and not phillips. They are in the metric ss screw bins. I bought a chrome oil fill cap from bikersplanet and had no problem, they shipped very quick! Maybe I got lucky?

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
FYI!!! bikersplanet also has their oringnal store on Ebay under i5motorcycle. :doh:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
FYI!!! bikersplanet also has their oringnal store on Ebay under i5motorcycle. :doh:
With 34 neg F.B.'s in the last month!!!!

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Yup!! Even though I had no problem with them. I won't be pressing my luck. :doh:
Yeah, I had good luck with a guy selling cheap machinist/shop stuff that also had a lot of neg F.B., but never had troubles with him myself.
Ya never know, until sometimes it's too late.

Seems like a lot of Bikersplanet and i5motorcycle's problems are bad fitting parts and not responding to emails about the problems.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They did indeed ship quick, just not the right part and they will not answer the email, they won't respond to Ebay. If you want if quick, they are your biker parts store, if you want it right or fixed when it isn't - then shop somewhere else.

I'm heading to Ace this weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts