Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone recommend any biker movies? I just recently watched On Any Sunday and On Any Sunday Revisited. I know Easy Rider is a classic as well. I was wondering if Hollywood will put out anymore real biker movies? I saw the "Long Way Round" but didn't really like it...although I like the idea. The two guys in it seemed kind of dum. IMHO.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
Hell Ride, Hells Angels on Wheels, The wild one, and just for fun Wild Hogs. I know I have seen others but that is all that comes to mind right now.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I found a movie called "Cycles South" on my local Comcast on-demand last month. It was not unlike a Warren Miller ski movie about three friends that set off from Colorado on, get this British Thumpers in the very early 70's. They end up riding to Panama and there were parts I watched in awe as they went off road for much of the trip, including riding down the middle of some railroad tracks...........Good little movie that includued a couple of may favorite things, motorcycling and nudity.........

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Sons of Anarchy. Not a movie, but a series. I don't have cable, but I had heard of this one, saw several pictures from it, and had my brother in law somehow (I don't ask questions) copy every single episode and put them on DVD for me. Not for everyone, but not bad, IMO. It has Ron Perlman and Katey Sagal (who used to play Peg Bundy on MWC) Jerry.

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Electra Glide in Blue

Not strictly a biker movie but a good film none the less.

R

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Here is a few I remember watching.

Mad Max 1 ....... Mel Gibson
Grease 2 .......Adrian Zmed, Michelle Pfeiffer, Maxwell Caulfield, & Christopher McDonald
The Wild Angels .......... Peter Fonda, Bruce Dern
Electra Glide in Blue ......... Robert Blake
The Lords of Flatbush ........ Sly Stallone, Henry Winkler, & Perry King
Rebel Rousers ......... Bruce Dern, Jack Nicholson
Knightriders ........... Ed Harris
C.C. And Company....... Joe Namath, Ann-Margret, & William Smith
Motorcycle Gang ......... Gerald McRaney, Jake Busey & his band of chopper-riding maniacs
Ghost Rider ............ Nicolas Cage, Sam Elliott, & Peter Fonda

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Definitely watch WILD HOGS. It's hilarious!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts

·
new owner
79 Posts
"Masters of Menace" best biker movie ever! little hard to find, cant seem to rent it anywhere. Has cameo's from John Candy, Dan Akyroyd, Goerge Wendt, and the best one Smokey the Bear (best part of movie IMHO). its sorta Animal House on motorcycles. ALot of no name actors (dasiy duke (Catherine Bach) is one of the two "names" that star in it) but all do a good enough job.

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
Knightriders.
Girl on a Motorcycle.

Sadly, Girl isn't a very good movie.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
What was the name of that documentary/low budget movie that featured a VN750? Seems the previews were posted here a while back.

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
The TV channel called THIS id running some biker movies now.
The Glory Stompers
Hell's Belles

·
new owner
79 Posts
No one mentioned " The Worlds Fastest Indian" ???

Geez.

KM
Yes, i would recomend this one too. I wasnt to sure when i first "read" about a movie, true story about a guy with basicly no money trying to make the worlds fastest bike for a run at bonniville salt flats. Well acted, and suprisingly interesting for anybody who like to see how stuff was actually done. I'm not real sure how acurate it is, but i say check it out .

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
^ X3! Its phenomenal and it stars Anthony Hopkins. Its a road trip movie too, its really good. Its definitely worth the time it takes to watch it - and its got a ripping fast modded Indian Scout, what else do ya need? :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup, I really liked the spirit Anthony Hopkins had ...man against man...man against nature...he believed in something so raw like a motorcycle and his piloting it would break the record!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
KM you beat me too it!

No one mentioned " The Worlds Fastest Indian" ???
Geez.
KM
I put this on Netflix on demand last night and soon enough the whole family was in the room watching it with me.

Mad Max and road warrior with all the rat kawasakis is still one of my favorites.

DT

1 - 20 of 30 Posts