Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of folks have commented recently in various posts about less than great service from bikebandit.com, which brought up memories of my first and only order from them. I bought a pair of leather gloves on clearance (no returns on clearance items) at a great price. I used their sizing chart to get the correct size. I was on the line between sizes, so I ordered the next larger size. When they got here, I had trouble getting the first four fingers past the cuff, let alone into the fingers. They were at least two sizes too small. Figured I would give them to my wife, who has fairly small hands. Nope, too tight for her too!

So I called customer service and asked to exchange them for a larger size and them to pay for the return shipping since it wasn't my fault their gloves didn't match their size chart. They told me that clearance item sales were final, end of discussion.

Some folks might have left it at that, but I felt taken advantage of. So I went on line, contacted the Better Business Bureau in San Diego, and filed a complaint. While at the site, I discovered more than 30 other folks had filed complaints about bikebandit in the past 12 months. It took a few weeks, but I received a return shipping label for the gloves and eventually credit on my card for the purchase.

They won't get another chance to give me the shaft.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's unfortunate. I don't use bike bandit either, but that's because they ship mostly from California and I'm in Florida. There are better options for us east coast folks. My experience with them was a year or more ago and I purchased a helmet on clearance and a stator. The helmet was far too big and they took it back no problem.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
I've never had any issues with BB. Heck one time I was looking for tires and they had the best deal at the time so I purchased them online and not but 30 minutes later they called me to explain that someone else beat me out on the last one they had in stock. So we discussed my options for a good 20 minutes and decided to go with a different brand that was more expensive than the one I originally purchased for NO extra charge. I'll continue to do business with them personally.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Most parts houses are great when they have it in stock, when they don't expect 2-3 weeks. If I am not in a hurry I order online, if I need it now I bite the bullet and go to the dealer.

I ordered a part for Asbrand's bike over 2 weeks ago from Bike Bandit since they had the better price. 10 days later I received the wrong part, they said keep it and to make it right I would have the correct part in three days on April 1st. After a week of trying to get a tracking number and find out where the fcuk my part is they finaly sent me a tracking number, it was shipped today. :doh:

No more Bike Bandit for me.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
I ordered a part for Asbrand's bike over 2 weeks ago from Bike Bandit since they had the better price. 10 days later I received the wrong part, they said keep it and to make it right I would have the correct part in three days on April 1st. After a week of trying to get a tracking number and find out where the fcuk my part is they finaly sent me a tracking number, it was shipped today. :doh:

No more Bike Bandit for me.
AHA...so I can blame *them* for not getting to ride this weekend.!!! Bastiches....! :boxing:

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I have ordered probably 20+ times from bikebandit.com, spent close to $2000 with them, and never had a problem. I use them, and cheapcycleparts.com almost exclusively for oem parts. Never had a problem with CCP either. You won't catch me at a dealer for parts. A few years ago, I made the mistake of going to a dealer looking for a part for my then running '79 Yamaha YZ250. The parts guy laughed and said they didn't have and couldn't get parts for bikes more than 10 years old. I ordered it from bikebandit.com, and had it in 3 days. Dealers suck, plain and simple. For everything else, I use denniskirk.com. I shouldn't even need to say I have never had a problem with Dennis Kirk. I have been using them for over 30 years. They are the best in the business. Period. Jerry.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Never had any trouble with Bike Bandit either, just the occasional extended wait for parts that were not in stock, but then I never ordered anything but bike parts from them. In my opinion, their site is one of the easiest to find OEM parts and part number on, and I have always phoned in my orders so I can talk to a person and get stock status etc. Knock on wood, I've never had a bad experience with them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'll have to say the handful of times I've ordered from bikebandit they've been dead on, although I've only ordered some smaller OEM components such as dust seals, grip caps, and the ilk. They're great for OEM parts on older bikes...very easy look up part numbers and accurate schematics, so that's what I usually take advantage of. As to accessories and such, I have no experience, but I'll take note of the mixed results here.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
ccp seems like they dont have a lot of stuff in stock but still only about 10 wait tops, as for gear like clothing, best bet is to not order online, go to a store somewhere so you know you get the right fit. (especially helmets)

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
A couple of folks have commented recently in various posts about less than great service from bikebandit.com, which brought up memories of my first and only order from them. I bought a pair of leather gloves on clearance (no returns on clearance items) at a great price. I used their sizing chart to get the correct size. I was on the line between sizes, so I ordered the next larger size. When they got here, I had trouble getting the first four fingers past the cuff, let alone into the fingers. They were at least two sizes too small. Figured I would give them to my wife, who has fairly small hands. Nope, too tight for her too!

So I called customer service and asked to exchange them for a larger size and them to pay for the return shipping since it wasn't my fault their gloves didn't match their size chart. They told me that clearance item sales were final, end of discussion.

Some folks might have left it at that, but I felt taken advantage of. So I went on line, contacted the Better Business Bureau in San Diego, and filed a complaint. While at the site, I discovered more than 30 other folks had filed complaints about bikebandit in the past 12 months. It took a few weeks, but I received a return shipping label for the gloves and eventually credit on my card for the purchase.

They won't get another chance to give me the shaft.
This tells it all.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^Reported.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts