Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday after a 20 minute ride I turned my bike off and the fan (or what sounds like a fan) ran for about 5 seconds. Today I tried to start my bike but it never did start.

On first try, everything sounds normal but it doesn't turn all the way over to start. Second try I can hear a clicking coming from the battery area and the tac jumps up to around 8-9 but doesn't sound like it's trying to start at all. I have to wait until tomorrow to borrow a volt meter and charger.

Was just wanting to pick your brains on what you think it could be. This is my first road bike, a little different from the 2 strokes I'm use to wrenching on.

I've taken out the battery, electrolyte levels look normal. Cleaned up the connections and checked other wires, nothing loose or strange looking. So what do you experts make of it?? I appreciate any help!

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Low battery. Wet cell batteries suck man, should get an agm battery. The clicking is the starter solenoid clicking and the tach I have seen jump around like that. Might want to go through your wiring and make sure you don't have any exposed wires or bad connections.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again M_Angell, just put a new AGM battery in it and she runs better then ever. For a few weeks it was taking 3 or so tries to start, but it fires up first try and sounds better now. Let's riiiiiiide!

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Isn't that just sick excellent. Don't ya just get so excited ya wanna puke. Seriously. I feel ya, and i want to puke with excitement right now. Like ya can't let go of the excitement of the problem solved. That ya just want to hurl cause there is no escape for the excitement in yer belly.

Or scream cause you're so stoked and y er just trying to let go the pressure. It's like yer that fart guy in that movie that wants to fart the babies out. He talks with the scottish accent and says, "I fart ya. Like a Bay beh."

Goes something like that. But anyway man. I'm excited ya get ta ride.

Like a bay beh. :)

I'm leaving early today so I'm excited.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts