Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on this Vn750 for about a month, when I test rode it she wouldn't pick up speed at full throttle, so I changed the push / pull throttle ( they were thrashed ) and now it seems worse, any ideas ? thank you.:BLAM:

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
a few basic questions to start:

cables adjusted correctly?
does it rev properly when in neutral?
any unusual noises when running?
carb condition (if known)?

just a couple to start. others will chime in with more I am sure

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
If if doesn't rev well at a using the throttle, try using the lever that the cables hook up to at the singing. That will eliminate the cables and let you know if they are the problem.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Just a thought......
Do the wheels spin freely as expected ?

Possible drive train issue ?

:smiley_th

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M.Teddybear, the cable adjustment is what I am working on at the moment, revs good in neutral, no unusual noises, as for the carbs. I haven't been in there yet, although the guy we bought the bike from had everything half assed so the carbs may be the culprit, these carbs are a bit of a nightmare but I guess I have to go in, thank you.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Once you do the carbs the first time they don't seem so bad after that. It's just that initial time seems so daunting, probably because everybody on here makes it sound so bad (for good reason!!).

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Imagine getting the carbs back in the first time and getting the cables hooked up.then go over to the workstand and seeing the springs for the slides on it.:eek:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
lol I don't have a real hard time imagining something like that at all. I know that sinking feeling all too well when you see a key part still sitting on the workbench.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE !!! I just took the bike on the freeway, but barely got her up 70 mph, sooooo I gues I'll have to tear down the carbs., unless someone has any other suggestion ???? thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE !!! I just took the bike on the freeway, and barely got her up to 70 mph, soooo, I guess I have to tear down the carbs., unless some one has a better suggestion ???? thank you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I removed the carbs and checked everything, it was a little crusty, but after removing the cap I noticed theplastic piece holding the needle down was broken, it lost about 3 of the feet that goes under the spring, could this cause the needle to move instead of the slide ? could that part be replaced ? or is there an alternative that can be bought at Home depot ? thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wm sonta she'll go, but when I give it more to full throttle she doesn't move any faster, now I am wondering if the broken needle seat may be the culprit

1 - 20 of 40 Posts