Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my bike knowin it won't charge, with that said the guy told me it need a staor. he said he replcaed ther voltage reg. could it be the wrong one? becasue the bike seems to be chargin fine to me.:D

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I just bought my bike knowin it won't charge, with that said the guy told me it need a staor. he said he replcaed ther voltage reg. could it be the wrong one? becasue the bike seems to be chargin fine to me.:D
How many miles have you ridden?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't yet just up and down the street. my boyfriend and his brother told me it was chargin. as you can most likely tell i am new to bein a bike owner and don't know to much about them (BUT WANT TO LEARN)

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Check the battery voltage at the terminals with the key and engine off. It should read at least 12.5 volts, if it is fully charged. Start the bike and rev it up to 3-4000 rpm. The voltage should rise as the engine speed increases. If you are getting 13.5-14 volts at 3-4000 rpm the stator (generator) and regulator/rectifier are working and charging ok.

And welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks here willing to help. I`m glad you found us at the beginning of of your Vulcaneering, ( is that even a real word?) Check out the link below.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the help I will try that. I am also glad i found this site and all i great folks who want to help.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
welcome to the forum, hope it all works out ok. you will find so much help and useful info, check out the verses, they are a lot of help and if you dont find it there do a search or just ask!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts