Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started back up work on the bike again this weekend. Been along time since it had ran so I tried starting it up. Turned key all lights came on, pressed start button no click, no noise, nothing. Neutral light is on, and bike in neutral. Battery is freshly charged, and lights are working. Starting to dig into this problem now, any advice on where to start.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
check your grounds.....

also...is the kill switch in the RUN position?

the neutral switch (green wire under the engine) works in conjunction with the clutch lever switch if I recall correctly...check to make sure both are working....or it might be a no go.

sidestand switch doesn't matter if the bike is in neutral or the clutch is pulled.

hope this helps!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked abunch of little things, rolled some dice and decided to snip of the start button and just connect wires manually, that did it. Bad start button.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Checked abunch of little things, rolled some dice and decided to snip of the start button and just connect wires manually, that did it. Bad start button.
OMG. ...that's the first that I've seen on this forum !
WilliamTech

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
That is a strange one but I am glad you got lucky. BTW you should buy a few lottery tickets quick with that kind of luck.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I said well odds are its going to be the last thing I check. Rolled the dice came up seven said, okay then its the switch. Never argue with the die.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts