Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ford
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was on my to work and the bike stopped running in the rear cylinder so i pulled over and it died. finnaly got it running again but the only way it would stay running was to keep it above 5 k and the rear would kick in and cut out. After work it all went to ****. made it 5 min from work and the rear was done for. ended up having to trailer it home. (got done at 1am). So what could this be? my front cylider is fine. i know the rear is getting gas since i pulled the plugs and they were soacked and fuel was running down my exhaust so i cleaned they an still didnt do it. checked the spark and it had one but i didnt compare it to the front to see if it was weak or not? Could my rear coil have gone bad or is it somthing more seriouse. I need to know asap since i ride it to work almost every day

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
I had a similar issue......way too much fuel flooding the rear cylinder.....causing the bike to die.......I had a cracked rear carb float, If you getting enough fuel to drip down into the exhaust pipe, then cracked float or stuck float or something in the needle valve is your problem.

·
Ford
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would that just happend though? i have put over 1500 miles on my bike this summer so far and i was half way to work and it just started to act up then died

·
Registered
748 Posts
would that just happend though? i have put over 1500 miles on my bike this summer so far and i was half way to work and it just started to act up then died
Yeah, it can just happen. When it does, it's usually trash in the float needle seat, but as Bret H stated, it could be a cracked float, or a float with a pinhole in it.

·
2,527 Posts
I had the same problem with a stuck float, I was lucky and didn't have to pull the carbs. I pulled the drain screw out and shot some carb cleaner up there and tapped on it really good with the handle of a screwdriver.

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
I had just rebuilt the carbs.....then a few days later took it for a 15 mile ride......all was good....then 3 days later when I went to ride it home from my friends house......gas throwing up out of the throat of the rear carb.......just like that!

·
Ford
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so when i get a chance ill look in to the carb if i turn the gas off and start it should that be able to determine if it is a float problem ?

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
If there is very excessive amount of fuel...enough to fowl out 2 spark plugs.....drip from exhaust crush gaskets or into the exhaust pipes ....or gas is coming out the filters ....... there "IS" a float or needle issue.

·
Ford
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
from the crush gaskets its hard to tell it was dark and i havnt had a chance to look into it more. it was not the filters though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts