Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people! Greetings from Bulgaria!
I hope i can find an answer here for a problem with my vulcan. Its 750 1994. The problem is the following - it steers left! Whenever i ride it it wants to go left. Its really annoying. Theres no clunks when i steer on place and i dont know what could be the possible reason. Please help!

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Either the swingarm is out of alignment or the forks are out of alignment.

Details for swingarm alignment are in the repair manual, free download in my signature.

If the swingarm measurements are correct, then you need to align the forks. It involves loosening all but the top two fork/axle clamps, then loosening the stem nut and compressing the forks several times. There's a YouTube video on this, I'll look for it later when I have more time.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
You check swingarm alignment with a feeler gauge.

After the swingarm is correct, align the forks. Not the exact video I was looking for, but it shows the procedure. You want to leave the top two fork clamps tight, I also took the front fender bolts out.

·
Registered
VN 750 1994 RED/BLACK/SILVER
71 Posts
Additionally, bent fork yokes, (Triple trees), check and adjust. Bent frame? Wheel alignment, out of adjustment, check with a Lazer or straight piece of wood.Tyres not centrally placed on the rim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts