Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my bike is having a mind of its own and has recently started trying to start on its own, with the key off or on. any suggestions? '86 model. has been running great for the last 3 years i've had it.
Adam

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,317 Posts
sounds like you have a couple bare wires rubbing together.or maybe you should name her Christine?or maybe she is telling you you need to ride her more?lol:)seriously,i would trace your wires looking for a bare spot.is it stored in a shed or garage were mice can chew on things?look into that too.i HATE mice.check the wiring around your solinoid too.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I know you are going to think I am crazy ,but a really low battery will cause this too.It doesn't make any sense but I saw a car do this at a dealership and it was a bad battery,don't ask me to explain it but I have seen it happen .^ Check the things he said first and if you don't find any thing check your battery,low voltage causes all kinds of weird stuff to happen.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Just for clarity sake...are you saying that you can just be walking by and the bike will start cranking without you even sitting on it? Because that is the first thing that pops into my head when I read that it is cranking by itself. And if that is the case, ODD is right and her name is Christine and you should run. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Just for clarity sake...are you saying that you can just be walking by and the bike will start cranking without you even sitting on it? Because that is the first thing that pops into my head when I read that it is cranking by itself. And if that is the case, ODD is right and her name is Christine and you should run. ;)
Ain't Skeered are you?:wow:

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
interested in selling ? Sorry couldn't resist. Must be something with the wires. I doubt a low battery will cause it as the ignition acts as a disconnect from the battery to the electronics of the bike, at least I thought it did.

good luck like doc said - trace those wires out. If you want to protect the bike from starting and driving away, you may want to disconnect the battery... if it still starts then, def run.

kenny

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
interested in selling ? Sorry couldn't resist. Must be something with the wires. I doubt a low battery will cause it as the ignition acts as a disconnect from the battery to the electronics of the bike, at least I thought it did.

good luck like doc said - trace those wires out. If you want to protect the bike from starting and driving away, you may want to disconnect the battery... if it still starts then, def run.

kenny
I doubt it myself ,but if it can happen it will and I Have seen it and I still don't understand it.

For a little humor here,in school they taught us about Proton and neutrons and electrons.but they failed to mention the other ones the family doesn't want to talk about the gaytrons,they hide and every now and then come out and blow fuses.I know that this offensive to some but take it for what it is,a joke.Crude maybe ,but a joke, nothing more or less .

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,317 Posts
that's my Goldwing's name because she tried to catch me on fire after only owning her for a half hour.she didn't scare me,though,and turned out to be one of my favorite bikes

·
Registered
456 Posts
I doubt it myself ,but if it can happen it will and I Have seen it and I still don't understand it.

For a little humor here,in school they taught us about Proton and neutrons and electrons.but they failed to mention the other ones the family doesn't want to talk about the gaytrons,they hide and every now and then come out and blow fuses.I know that this offensive to some but take it for what it is,a joke.Crude maybe ,but a joke, nothing more or less .
gaytrons??

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,317 Posts
lol:)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Besides just going blind from the above pic....
I think you need an exorcism...I bet that bike belonged to Marie Laveau's grandson....:wow:

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Is the bike in gear when this happens? That would suck. :)
Unplug the coil wire from the starter solenoid and see if it still does it.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts

...sorry...but its cursed....domini domini domini....

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
What a refreshing change of pace. Most complain that their biked won't start and run. Finally, a Vulcan that won't stop!
Bronson.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

...sorry...but its cursed....domini domini domini....
...and she cannot figure out why her head hurts !

:smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Be happy I didnt post the pea soup gif, lol....

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
wolfie said
I bet that bike belonged to Marie Laveau's grandson....
She giggled and she wiggled and she said hey,hey,Tonight's gonna be my wedding day..

Don't be thinking you are gonna slip some Bobby Bare by us.

Another man done gone...:)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Another man done gone...
You got it brother !!!!! :smiley_th
But I actually used to know a Cajun witch who's mom studied under Marie...my friends name was Laleesh...lived/lives in west Louisiana close to the TX border...kept wantin me to move in with her.... :wow:

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
back on topic....

Let us know what you did so far...and if you fixed it...PLEASE let us know what it was.

I think is is faulty starter relay or wiring issue...
this one intrigues me...gotta find what this one is all about.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts