Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that a lot of gasoline has been dripping out of my left exhaust pipe. i left it on and came back later to notice a puddle of gas at the end of the pipe. the right pipe is fine. does anyone know how to fix this?

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Sounds like the proverbial stuck float valve. Try running some Seafoam through the float bowls and see if that doesn't help the problem.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
I've noticed that a lot of gasoline has been dripping out of my left exhaust pipe. i left it on and came back later to notice a puddle of gas at the end of the pipe. the right pipe is fine. does anyone know how to fix this?
did you verify that this is gas, not water vapor? water is a byproduct of combustion, and you will get drips if your bike is cold just like a car. did it disapear after the bike warmed.

·
Registered
206 Posts
hmm, at operating temps it would seem like that much gas in the exhaust would ignite? And that would probably be bad, no matter how cool it would look. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Dripping fluid

Ummm...........If it was dripping fuel & it DID ignite, wouldn't that fix his stuck needle & seat problem? (and any other problem he & the 750 might have):BLAM:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Ummm...........If it was dripping fuel & it DID ignite, wouldn't that fix his stuck needle & seat problem? (and any other problem he & the 750 might have):BLAM:
It could also warm ya up quicker on these chilly daze !! LOL

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I'd Put A Camera In The Garage It Might Be The Old Lady Trying To Get Rid Of You Or Him Next Door That You Wake Up Every Time You Start The Bike....lol

My Money Is With The Stuck Float Valve.
I'd Take The Spark Plug Out And Turn Her Over ..see What Comes Out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its definately gasoline. whats seafoam? i live only a few minutes away from the beach, i might be able to bottle some up and get it back in time for the bike!!!

just kidding. but seriously, whats seafoam?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Seafoam is a fuel additive, they sell it at most auto stores. It was made for marine purposis first but works great on bikes, cars, and everytning else.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
They Are Smarter Than Fresh Water Dolphins

·
Registered
299 Posts
:smiley_th Make sure you check the oil in your crankcase to make sure you do not have any fuel in it also.Take off the oil fill cap and give it the sniff test.You dont need fuel inside the engine......................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts