Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day i was riding around town and the bike just quits running. It happened several times so far, it seemed like phantom out of gas syndrome so i rebuilt the gas cap, i also replaced the vacuum line for the petcock. I took it for another ride and the bike died by the end of the street, when i brought it back home i tried to leave it running as it seemed to run fine while not under load and didn't die out. when i turned it off there was a noticeable wine coming from the gas cap. anyone have any ideas on how i can fix this?

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
Whining gas cap is usually normal,. it's just venting.

What are the dash lights doing when/after it dies. Off or on?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All lights are off while its running and the oil light come on when its fully dead but that is normal as far as i know

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
Yes, was trying to see if the electrical system was disconnecting. If the lights are all off after it dies, that's probably the switch.

Can check the plugs under the left neck cover just in case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So the other day i was riding around town and the bike just quits running. It happened several times so far, it seemed like phantom out of gas syndrome so i rebuilt the gas cap, i also replaced the vacuum line for the petcock. I took it for another ride and the bike died by the end of the street, when i brought it back home i tried to leave it running as it seemed to run fine while not under load and didn't die out. when i turned it off there was a noticeable wine coming from the gas cap. anyone have any ideas on how i can fix this?
Sounds like your tank is not vented properly. Creates a vacuum as the gas is used up. Creates so much vacuum as the gas is used, it stops the gas movement. So engine turns off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I kinda second The Kid here, my buddy went through the same thing basically... only with his Harley Sportster. He replaced petcock, et al., the bike would start and run, then die out - finally swapped gas caps and it ran like a champ. Sounds like in your instance it's struggling to keep sufficient gas in the bowl when under throttle and causing a vapor lock. Are you able to start the bike right back up after it dies or do you have to give it time?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts