Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Richmond, VA
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding along and suddenly lost all electricity. No power any where. I'm guessing R/R. How do I check? Any other suggestions on where to look?

·
Richmond, VA
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you check ignition switch?

·
'85 Bobber
98 Posts
Also Check the electrical connection that plugs into the hand clutch. Mine came loose on me yesterday and I just plugged it back in.

·
Richmond, VA
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery connection is fine. Fuses are fine. Cables to clutch and throttle fine. Still no power to anything. No emergency lights. These should not be affected by ignition (?)? I need more suggestions.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Check and clean the frame ground.

·
aka Smokymtnvulcan
41 Posts
Was the battery dead when the bike stopped running on ya? I was riding mine and stopped at a stop sign and the motor died..........went to recrank and nothing! That's how I found out my charging system was on the fritz. Spent an interesting day in North Georgia waiting on my trailer!

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
This sounds like dirty or corroded connections somewhere. Battery terminals, grounds etc. Have you pulled your battery connections and check them for corrosion? It screams corrosion somewhere, or a loose connection, maybe ignition switch malfunction...

·
Richmond, VA
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got directional and emergency flashers running now. I swore they did not work before I jiggled the key for the umpteenth time. No idiot lights though & no cranking. Battery is fine. I'm leaning towards ignition switch failure. Has can I test it? Don't want to spend money I don't have to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife took about 120 mile ride on Saturday, only to find out last night she has the same exact problem as you. I'll look at it today. But this bike has been a problem from day 1 the bike has no power, no lights. But it has turn signals.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Had to read thru the post. Definitely check the ignition switch. Then keep us posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got directional and emergency flashers running now. I swore they did not work before I jiggled the key for the umpteenth time. No idiot lights though & no cranking. Battery is fine. I'm leaning towards ignition switch failure. Has can I test it? Don't want to spend money I don't have to.
Same problem with my wifes bike. It was the voltage regulator. The bike was charging 18 volts. Blew out every bulb in the bike except for the turn signals. New regulator and bulbs now good to go. Good luck, put a volt meter across the battery while running and check your voltage.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Glad you solved your problem Tampa. Is your wifes bike de-goated?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts