Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'93 Vulcan 750, 23,000 miles. This only occurs when road is wet. I can ride maybe 20 miles or so and all of a sudden the bike will cut right off. When I try to restart, it is difficult to restart and takes several tries, to the poinbt of almost running the battery down. I am thinking an electrical connection is getting hit with road spray but not sure where to start troubleshooting. Other than that it runs great. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
456 Posts
'93 Vulcan 750, 23,000 miles. This only occurs when road is wet. I can ride maybe 20 miles or so and all of a sudden the bike will cut right off. When I try to restart, it is difficult to restart and takes several tries, to the poinbt of almost running the battery down. I am thinking an electrical connection is getting hit with road spray but not sure where to start troubleshooting. Other than that it runs great. Any suggestions?
Check the ground that attached to the frame make sure its clean and tight.
Also, when your saying when the road is wet, are your riding in the rain, or riding after it rains?

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
I had the same problem with a Honda 450, in my case the plug wire was barely cracked and when things got wet the plug wire would short out. Consider replacing your plug wires. It only takes an hour and those older wired probably need to be replaced anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts