Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need to get a cover for my bike. And suggestions?

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I have a pretty cheap one that I use on my Sportster that I bought for the VN750 that fits & works good but I will have to wait till tomorrow to get the brand & maybe size...
I remember it has a black triangle on the front, it covers the bike w/bags & front fender... I think I paid somewhere around $35 for it at the Kawi. shop where I bought my bikes...
PS-Here are some to look at, mine resembles the Dowco Guardian Ultralite (the $36-$44 one) but is not it... http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/13/117/1/0/0/DEPARTMENT/Cruiser-Motorcycle-Covers-Accessories.aspx
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Check the measurements good. i bought mine at menards and it says fits up to 1100cc bikes. It fits good but with my handlebars adjusted more into an upward position it pulls the cover off of the front tire. It has lasted a while and works good. Just a consideration to keep in mind. Not sure how your handlebars are set up. Mick

·
Bat
161 Posts
I don't know the name of mine, but it says something like, "Not just any old bike", and it is black on top, silver lower so it won't melt on the hot pipes, has a couple pocket like flaps on the sides with netting inside them for air flow...elastic bottom that fits snugly so it won't blow off, several large grommets and a bungee, with a hook, on the lower edge....Have never had it out in the rain yet, it's new, so don't know if it is totally waterproof, but it looks quite good, heavy nylon. I didn't pay an arm and a leg for it, but it wasn't totally cheap, either...don't remember what it cost.
It comes in a nice carrying bag so you can stuff it and cram it in a saddlebag with lots of room to spare.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't know the name of mine, but it says something like, "Not just any old bike", and it is black on top, silver lower so it won't melt on the hot pipes, has a couple pocket like flaps on the sides with netting inside them for air flow...elastic bottom that fits snugly so it won't blow off, several large grommets and a bungee, with a hook, on the lower edge....Have never had it out in the rain yet, it's new, so don't know if it is totally waterproof, but it looks quite good, heavy nylon. I didn't pay an arm and a leg for it, but it wasn't totally cheap, either...don't remember what it cost.
It comes in a nice carrying bag so you can stuff it and cram it in a saddlebag with lots of room to spare.
I have the same one and it does stay dry inside, I have saddlebags on mine & purchased the XL cause I have plans for a windshield but wish I had gotten the XXL, the XL covers pretty well except that the center bungey needs to be a little longer and I know when the shield gets installed it might need a little more room. Don't have the name but will post it later, purchased it at Motosport.com at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
There are a lot of things to consider here. What is the setup on your bike?
Do you have a windshield? high handlebars? extended backrest? large saddle bags?

Do you want it to be waterproof or just a dust cover?
Do you want to be able to run a lock through the bottom and padlock it to the bike while on the bike?

There are some that can be thin and fold up to pack into a pouch for the road, or you can get a really heavy duty one that is not very portable.

I have even seen ones that have a plastic "base" you park on and then the whole cover accordions over the bike and lock to the base like a clamshell type deal.

http://www.cycleshell.com/

http://www.discountramps.com/portable-motorcycle-enclosure.htm

sooo...what exactly are you looking for?

·
Registered
99 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts