Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently replaced my stator and r/r. When i start my bike it runs fine until i put some load on it it seems to bog down and have fluctation on the tach dropping all over the place sometimes dropping 4000 rpm. Once the the bike warms up, the needle on the temp guage moves up to the the first line the bike runs fine with no problems. I have tested the battery with load test and it is fine, tested the coils both primary and secondary side with an ohm meter, readings are what the book says. i have changed plugs and wires checked the length of the spark and i have greater then 1/4 inch. Also have checked all my connection sever times and have found nothing wrong there. Ran seafoam threw a few tanks, I have no clue where to look next and help would be great.

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
wheres your choke in this is there change with half choke or full choke does choke have any effect at all??? check the plungers and see if they are actuating with the pull of the choke... ??? how is the choke cable run any binds in the system? Ground connections?? another thing id check is carb vent and tank vent though i dont think they are an issue...

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
wheres your choke in this is there change with half choke or full choke does choke have any effect at all??? check the plungers and see if they are actuating with the pull of the choke... ??? how is the choke cable run any binds in the system? Ground connections?? another thing id check is carb vent and tank vent though i dont think they are an issue...
Fuel supply sounds right to me too.
Only puzzle is the tach. Why is it dropping? Is it because RPMs are dropping, or is it dropping while the engine is still revved? If the RPMs are dropping, then it makes sense. If so, I'd look at fuel supply--choke, etc.--just like seebeeare said.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have checked the choke circuit, the choke has no bearining on it tried half chike and full choke problem doesn't change. i have checked the fuel circuit and see no issues with it, why iam leaning toward an electrical problem. The rpm are dropping with engine reved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
checked all connections today found a faulty water sensor, also found voltage on battery around 4oo0 rpm is 18.9 volts. would a faulty water sensor effect my bike that way?

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
checked all connections today found a faulty water sensor, also found voltage on battery around 4oo0 rpm is 18.9 volts. would a faulty water sensor effect my bike that way?
i cant imagine a water temp sensor effecting a voltage spike i would think if it grounded it would cause a voltage drain,,,, i agree with the the r/r and relocating it double test it and make sure but a faulty rr could end up costin ya another stator.... thats a lot of current runnin through the little wires...:motorcycl

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know it is to high but i don't understand what relocating the r/r will make on the voltage. won't the voltage be constant no matter were it is relaocated

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
i know it is to high but i don't understand what relocating the r/r will make on the voltage. won't the voltage be constant no matter were it is relaocated
the rr converts the high a/c volts put out by the stater, and converts it to dc this process causes alot of heat it is located right above a premuffler on the exhast cross over poor design by kawasaki this added heat can damage the rr causing improper voltage output to the batt . if its fried its fried and u can just leave it in the bike kinda a pain to get out and mount the new one somplace cooler. most of us have built brackets to mount it behind the right rear peg no need to get new wires :beerchug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts