Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned the air filters weather dried out so i haven't been able to test Possible carburator adjustment needed?

Bike seems to gain horse power in moist weather, jump even above what seems normal in dry weather.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
That sounds normal to me. The water vapor in the air makes it more dense and when it heats and expands in the combustion chamber it actually makes more power. I think some hot rodders and racers have hooked up water injection systems in the past, to take advantage of this principle.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
right you are OLHoss,cool dense air makes a heavier charge to compress all things otherwise being equal,the water injection systems were popular when low octane Gas became the norm and there were still some older higher compression engines and the hot rodders used the water injection so they could run more timing and not have detonation or more commonly called valves rattling,The new cold air kits and the intercoolers serve the same purpose to get cool air into the intake so the fuel/air will mix better and more completely burn .More HP for the same amount of fuel

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
We used to have cool cans when we drag raced(eons ago), packed them with ice and coiled fuel lines ran through them. Same reason cold fuel expanded more when ignited.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts