Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to try out apes, but I don't have the cash to fork over a new cable install, or the knowledge/confidence to do it myself.

I've read that you can reroute all cables aside from the brake cable for 12" apes, but then I read somewhere else that it's 11".

Anyone here that has done it want to chime in?

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Probably 11". I started out with 12 inch apes (I'm at 16" now) and was able to re-route all the cables and wires except for the brake line.................Good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably 11". I started out with 12 inch apes (I'm at 16" now) and was able to re-route all the cables and wires except for the brake line.................Good luck!
Okay cool. I'm willing to add a new brake line, so I think I'm going with 12's. Any pics of the bike with 12's?

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Okay cool. I'm willing to add a new brake line, so I think I'm going with 12's. Any pics of the bike with 12's?
I just can't seem to find any pic's on my new laptop. It looked good though, the 12 inch bars were a tad wider than the 16 inch and I am sure you will be very happy with them.............Check out "the boy's" pictures of his bike. He has 12 inch apes and it is one of the best mod jobs I have seen on a 750.....

http://www.vn750.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=693&sl=t

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just can't seem to find any pic's on my new laptop. It looked good though, the 12 inch bars were a tad wider than the 16 inch and I am sure you will be very happy with them.............Check out "the boy's" pictures of his bike. He has 12 inch apes and it is one of the best mod jobs I have seen on a 750.....

http://www.vn750.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=693&sl=t

Very cool, and pretty similar to what I'm hoping to do with mine.

Quick question - where did you get your brake line, and in what length?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts