Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I'm doing a 3000 mile 10 day ride starting May 9th. I figured I'd post my trip schedule and if any of you want to meet up with me for part of the ride let me know, cause that'd be Awesome! I've also posted a link to my route at this moment so you can check to see if you'll be close to where I'll be traveling, so you could meet up for a shorter part of the ride.

May 9th - Lexington, KY
May 10th & 11th - LEAF (Black Mountain, NC)
May 12th - Pelham, AL - Oak Mountain State Park
May 13th - Jackson, MS- Lefleur's Bluff State Park
May 14th & 15th - Dallas, TX
May 16th - Wynne, AR - Village Creek State Park
May 17th - Mammoth Cave, KY - Mammoth Cave National Park
May 18th -Motorcycle May-Hem Weekend Logan, OH - Hocking Hills State Park

The route
http://goo.gl/maps/IK94h

·
Registered
936 Posts
That's a pretty awesome ride. I haven't done anything close to that yet - maybe some day.

Maybe we can meet for lunch or something when you hit the Dallas area.

oh - and if possible - update everyone as to how the ride is going and how you are doing along the way.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a pretty awesome ride. I haven't done anything close to that yet - maybe some day.

Maybe we can meet for lunch or something when you hit the Dallas area.

oh - and if possible - update everyone as to how the ride is going and how you are doing along the way.
Yeah for sure, send me your details backchannel and we'll see about meeting up in Dallas.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Would have loved to meet up in DFW but I just booked a cabin in Ruidoso, NM for the Aspencash bike rally there from 5/16-5/19. Come on over, only another 10 hour ride from DFW.

·
Registered
331 Posts
May 12 - I'd love to meet you at or near Oak Mountain! I live right outside the park and we can ride around a bit and I can even ride with you out of town in the direction of MS for a while as well. Let me know..... :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
DACATALDO, you could even put up a meeting on Bamarides and get a welcome group together and so her a good time.
Excellent idea! I'm registered on Bamarides so I'll go post something. I won't be able to tend to it until I get back from my trip on the 7th, but I will keep a monitor until I leave on the 2nd.

:p

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Come on over, only another 10 hour ride from DFW.
Hey Sorry Keltec, kinda a bit out of my way for this trip :(

Thanks will do :smiley_th

May 12 - I'd love to meet you at or near Oak Mountain! I live right outside the park and we can ride around a bit and I can even ride with you out of town in the direction of MS for a while as well. Let me know..... :)
DACataldo that sounds like a great idea. I'd say maybe it would be best if we met up at my camp, cause once I get there I'd like to get the site set up for the night before I do a ride.

DACATALDO, you could even put up a meeting on Bamarides and get a welcome group together and so her a good time.
That's an awesome idea, I believe I have a few people meeting me to hang out also, one of which she is suppose to bring her bike also.

You guys message me backchannel and so I can get contact info

·
Registered
331 Posts
Camping!! Perfect plan. Hmmmm..... I may want to camp, too. It would be a good idea to set up reservations with the park.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Camping!! Perfect plan. Hmmmm..... I may want to camp, too. It would be a good idea to set up reservations with the park.
I'm waiting on my check to clear this evening and I'll be setting up reservations for my spot tomorrow. If you want to meet up and ride part of the way to MS with me, I think two tents are allowed at a single spot.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I don't understand, that route is all interstate... But it is a looooong one, so I guess that kinda explains it...lol...
Good luck and enjoy...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't understand, that route is all interstate... But it is a looooong one, so I guess that kinda explains it...lol...
Good luck and enjoy...
Have a good one...Old Dog...
Yeah it is pretty much all interstate, but it's because I have a few areas I have to go to. If I would have taken other routes, I'd be looking at adding on an extra 20 hours or so to my road time. With only 10 days of vacation time it would cause me to have to cut out a few of my stops, to see people that I really care about and have hugs for.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Sounds like a blast. Be safe. Send us pictures of you next to your bike just before leaving.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Bummer !!! What happened with the bike?

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Well due to some issues with my bike and my money, it looks like I'm going to have to cancel the trip for now :(
Well don't feel bad. There will be other trips. I had a plane ticket to go and pick up my motorcycle in TX. Never made it due to rough weather. Lost the money for the ticket as it couldn't be transferred.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts