Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New stator is in place, engine mounted in frame, and after much pain, the bevel gear case in on. But the clutch doesn't move. The push rod was removed to make it easier to put the stator cover back on. Slid the push rod back into it's hole and it just seems to bottom out on something hard and metallic (makes a clinking noise when you slid it in and out) I remove the rack and tried to see if the push rod was there, and it seems to be in the right place.....I then tried to push on the rod and it doesn't budge....shouldn't it push in and then spring back?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Not by hand, those clutch springs are pretty strong. What was the problem getting the bevel gear back on?

Jon

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My problem with getting the case back on was the spline not wanting to go into the universal......the front spline was completely dry, BTW....no damage that I could see tho. the clutch, as you said, cant be moved by hand... the rack was positioned wrong, I think it's right now....the clutch lever 'feels' right anyway, but when I pull the lever all the way in and roll the bike in 1st gear, there seems to be more 'drag' from the rear end then before. Should there be some "preload" on the push rod?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts