Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the proper torque for the front bevel drive gearcase bolts? I tried search, and even my PDF copy of the VN750 manual, and cannot find it anywhere. Because these bolts are so long and flexible, I would like to know the proper torque so I don't break one or strip threads. Thanks.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Slim's numbers are the ones that I remember using as well. I had no issues myself.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
That is in lbs brother. That is almost nothing. Use a 1/4 in rachet if you don't have a in lb meter.

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I will just have to do it by feel. I don't have a torque wrench that small, and I trust my own judgement more than the $20 one at Harbor Freight. I guess it should be fine if just snugged up little by little in the proper sequence.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I rarely ever use a torque wrench unless it's absolutely critical that one be used.
I have both a 1/4 and 3/8 torque wrench form Harbor Freight, and so far they have worked great. I send them in every year and get them re-calibrated.
The smaller bolts can be tightened up with a 1/4 drive ratchet and socket. I use an extension so I can get a better feel on how tight they are.
Like you said you can do it by feel. Just make sure you don't over tighten them as they might strip on ya.

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Aka the "light" German torque spec .....

Gutensnugg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts