1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else has tried this vendor for bike seat upgrades:

http://greatdaytoride.com/Seat_Mod_Pics.php

???

If so, what has been your experience? Was it worth it? Can you recommend this vendor to others?

This company apparently has some good experience with both sport bikes and cruisers, and has made it all the way to Rider magazine.

Thanks much for the feedback....:rockon:...!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Lance told me this place is pimp. He said the seat rebuilds rock!

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Lance told me this place is pimp. He said the seat rebuilds rock!
Mark you need to put the crack pipe down. LOL

Great day to ride does O.K. but Russell Day Long Seats is the Pimp Daddy.

http://www.day-long.com/

They don't have the VN750 listed but they do them, already talked to them.

I know MSH1156 had his done by great day to ride, he said it's better than stock but nothing to wite home about.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Oops. My bad...i gotta get off this crack...its messing my head up!lol

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Oops. My bad...i gotta get off this crack...its messing my head up!lol
Yup if you don't you might end up in Prison, ooops my bad you work there. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
My riding buddy just sent his CBR seat to Spence at a great day to ride,and he is a happy camper .Ted said that he contacted him thru email and he told him to take a picture of him sitting on the bike and asked whether he sat up next to the tank or back on the seat ,then contacted him and told him when to send it to him.The seat turn around time from shipping till back on the bike was about 4 or 5 days,Ted had upgraded strip down the middle and the padding was weight matched to his weight and riding position,we went from riding forty minutes and letting him get off and walk around to the point that I am out of gas before he wants off.I am going to see if he will do my seat for me ,I don't know if he will because mine is already modified .I can tell you how much difference there is in Teds seat but I haven't got to experience it on my seat ...yet.The man does good work too

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
My riding buddy just sent his CBR seat to Spence at a great day to ride,and he is a happy camper .Ted said that he contacted him thru email and he told him to take a picture of him sitting on the bike and asked whether he sat up next to the tank or back on the seat ,then contacted him and told him when to send it to him.The seat turn around time from shipping till back on the bike was about 4 or 5 days,Ted had upgraded strip down the middle and the padding was weight matched to his weight and riding position,we went from riding forty minutes and letting him get off and walk around to the point that I am out of gas before he wants off.I am going to see if he will do my seat for me ,I don't know if he will because mine is already modified .I can tell you how much difference there is in Teds seat but I haven't got to experience it on my seat ...yet.The man does good work too
Don't get me wrong, Spence does a good job for the price and I have heard no major complaints. The Daylong seat costs 7 times Spence's but 10 times the comfort. It just depends on how deep your pockets are and how much your ass hurts. LOL

He can do the inserts on yours even though you modified it.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Don't get me wrong, Spence does a good job for the price and I have heard no major complaints. The Daylong seat costs 7 times Spence's but 10 times the comfort. It just depends on how deep your pockets are and how much your ass hurts. LOL

He can do the inserts on yours even though you modified it.
Thats what I am looking for, if I Can't get it for cheap I may have to go for really good,Hahaha!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts