Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first post but this site has been invaluable in getting my 1990 750 running.

The thing runs great and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

That is until it stranded me 3 hrs from home. I had a buddy give me a tow home and I diagnosed the problem

Regulator rectifier

So my question is. Without changing wiring harness. What is the best (stock-ish) rr I can get for the bike. If I look on Amazon or eBay I see a million and a half that look identical all from different manufacturers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Hey guys this is my first post but this site has been invaluable in getting my 1990 750 running.

The thing runs great and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

That is until it stranded me 3 hrs from home. I had a buddy give me a tow home and I diagnosed the problem

Regulator rectifier

So my question is. Without changing wiring harness. What is the best (stock-ish) rr I can get for the bike. If I look on Amazon or eBay I see a million and a half that look identical all from different manufacturers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mike
Shindengen Mosfet FH 020AA is the best. Do a search here. Can get it here http://roadstercycle.com/

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
shindigen is not a stock replacement

all the ones that look identical on ebay and amazon are identical just re-branded for different suppliers and all are junk if you want plug and play i would go with ricks but the shindigen is the way to go really unless you want to put an alternator on the bike like i did

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's great. I can finally install a refrigerator on my bike lol.

But where would I be able to find ricks?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts