Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am currently in process of making my bike run as clean as possible, fluid changes, new air filters etc. I would now like to buy new spark plugs for my bike 93' 750. Does anyone have any recommendations. Will I be able to feel the difference. Is there any sort of high performance plugs availible. Thanks for the feedback.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Umm, did anyone mention the Iridium plugs yet??!! LOL.

I'm getting close to plug changing time and plan on using them too. :smiley_th

There is a post in the Vulcan Verses HERE about them (as well as part#'s and info on wires too).

·
Benjammin'
421 Posts
Iridiums for me too! I installed them and was amazed at the ease of starting. That has to translate to better/cleaner running as well. The plugs are supposed to last longer tool- just be sure to use anti-seize on the threads!

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
You'd think that some one would tell you about the NGK Iridiums.... ;)

Easier starts and smoother running. I think that my RPM's at idle went up by about 50 RPM... and off chock in AM alot sooner than with standard plugs.

My three best for picks for maintenance, Yusua MF battery, Rottella 5 - 40 Synth oil and NGK Iridiums... Great combo!!

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I believe that the gap is the same as the standard plug.. at least I believe that is what I gapped them to. Just do it carefully.... very thin electrode, you'll see when you look at them. ;)

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
I thought i HAD replied about the Iridiums, but it was in a two part post about Amsoil's front tire *L*
If you get the stronger iridium plugs they come pre-gapped at .032
Previous discussion on iridiums
"Just thought I'd mentioned this as it might save someone a few bucks. There was a discussion on the group a little while go about these plugs (DPR7EIX-9) and where to get them. The internet lowest price was around 7 bucks plus shipping. I decided to get some before the Gathering and thought I'd try locally to save the shipping. I looked on the net at the chains here locally (Autozone, O'Reilly's, and Advance Auto) and they were all around 10.xx or so. In talking to Dan Tadrick of the group he mentioned he had them and the part number is 7803. Well, if you search for DPR7EIX-9 at the Advance Auto site it comes back at 10.99. However if you put in just 7803, you get several things with the same part number, but one of them is the NGK plug for only 6.96. What's up with that? Anyway, I went to the local Advance store and it is the same plug. So if you happen to have an Advance store nearby (mostly east and some in the midwest), the price is as low as the internet without the shipping. (And yes I'm an accountant so maybe Freak is right about the beancounter part :). John STL,MO "

I also tried this at O'Reilly's and got them for about $6.50 a plug

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
Me four on the plugs. They are more expensive but they do make the bike start easier, and maybe a little better on gas mileage. As already said the gap is the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts