Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any advice on which seat is best for my vn 750 I have heard about mustang and corbin, but what about the saddleman explorer. Can anyone tell me anything about this seat

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I like mine, cost $25 1 night labor, many miles of happy butt. I just removed the staples and carved out the center of the stock foam. Bought a memory foam pillow and cut it to fit the hole I made in the stock seat. Streached the leather back and restapled it down. Picts on my link

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, I do but I waited 8 months to really decide if it was true. I bought a Day Long Seat and it was expensive but now I can ride all...got that...all day with no hot spots. It was worth the price to keep my mind on the view and not on how uncomfortable I was. Try Googling Day Long Seats. I sent them my original seat and used my original-pain-plus-25-mile Mustang seat until they sent my original back. I got it in gray in the hopes it would be a bit cooler in our summer heat down here. I was anxious as I passed the 125mile mark, what was that??? A pain memory? Would it happen? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Yes, I tried gels (squiggly), Mustang, Airhawk (valve rotted out) and sheepskin (Cool but no cigar!). Ok, I belong to the FeatherButt Association (FBA) not the IBA, BUT...(pun, pun) I am a happy rider now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Seat you later",Ken

·
Super Moderator
12,088 Posts
Does anyone have any advice on which seat is best for my vn 750 I have heard about mustang and corbin, but what about the saddleman explorer. Can anyone tell me anything about this seat
You'll find there is no answer here to what seat is "best" ..Asses are subjective and no two are alike. I LOVED my Corbin. It did not have alot of padding ..but it never hurt my butt. Many like the Mustang , mostly those on the , uh , lets say larger than me side. (I'm 5'9" @155lbs and have no ass)
Many like the Saddleman too, so your "best" move here would be to see if their is a member near you with each of these seats, and willing to let you park your bottom on them for a test.

KM

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
I have a Mustang seat, it's comfortable for day-long rides. The stock seat started hurting after about 2 hours.

Edit to add: While the Mustang seat is wide, there's no problem sliding around on it for turns. Act like a sportsbiker, lean off on the inside! lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts