Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what the most popular/efficiant R/R is since mine went out?
i dont want to waste my money on a crap product so let me know what you use/what works best thanks

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts

·
Young Gun
213 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
There's some wiring to do with the MOSFET R/R, but it's simple. You just hook the three yellow wires coming from the stator to one plug, and the other plug just has a pos and neg that goes to the battery. Any of the other wires going to the stock R/R just get taped off.

A good wire crimper comes in handy for this!

Good Luck!

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
There's some wiring to do with the MOSFET R/R, but it's simple. You just hook the three yellow wires coming from the stator to one plug, and the other plug just has a pos and neg that goes to the battery. Any of the other wires going to the stock R/R just get taped off.

A good wire crimper comes in handy for this!

Good Luck!
That's not entirely true. Check my sig. You should have one lead coming from a stator lead going to the junction box. This is the head light trigger. But it's all still simple.

I used an FH008 Mosfet, used off ebay. So there are options. My R&R cost me $45.

·
Registered
245 Posts
That's not entirely true. Check my sig. You should have one lead coming from a stator lead going to the junction box. This is the head light trigger. But it's all still simple.

I used an FH008 Mosfet, used off ebay. So there are options. My R&R cost me $45.
Great. I just installed mine, checked for charging voltage (which was good) but didn't bother to check the headlight. I'll look into it. Thanks for the write-up!

·
Registered
245 Posts

I just checked the bike, and the headlight comes on just fine.

I hooked the three yellow wires to the new MOSFET R/R, and ran the (+) and (-) to the battery... and the headlight works just fine. Comes on automatically as soon as it starts. I did not patch any of the stator wires to anything but the R/R.

All I did was clip all the wires from the old plug, and wire the new R/R up like I said, and it works.

Can you further explain what you mean here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Where people run into problems with the headlight relay issue is when they take the wires directly from the Stator and run them to the R/R, bypassing the segment of wires from the bullet connectors to the old R/R connector. Cutting off the old R/R connector and using those stator wires to hook up the new R/R you should not have an issue.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks!

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Sorry I missed this. Yes exactly. If your using kaws wiring the trigger is already there. Bypassing kaws wiring just beefs up your wiring to the R&R. Kaws wiring is considerably thinner that the stator leads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts