Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was google searching some parts for my kz305, and i came across www.kawasakipartsnation.com this is a kawasaki dealer in Michigan, so they are all OEM parts, at 40-60% less than www.bikebandit.com for example, the o-ring for my oil filler cap was leaking, and its like $7 on bikebandit, its $3 dollars on there! every part is cheaper! check it out!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, the exploded views are the same as bikebandit, and crystal clear. you can read every part number. I LOVE THIS PLACE!!

·
1995 Vulcan 750
20 Posts
Not really that great...$17.50 for the least expensive shipping on an $8.10 o-ring that weighs next to nothing!!!!!!

I suppose if you order a large number of parts, they may be worth it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
true, im ordering like a total of 20 things. but most of the time, if you need a normal round o-ring, just take it to a hardware store they have metric o-rings.

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
Ha! Get this. Last year a friend of mine dumped my spare bike while attempting to brake and swerve at the same time (A.K.A. falling) to avoid hitting young deer (he and the deer are both fine). He's willing to pay for the replacement parts out of pocket to avoid making an insurance claim, so for giggles I compared the cost of nine parts from Kawasaki Parts Nation, with RonAyers, Bike Bandit and the local Kawasaki dealer near my friend's home.

NY Motorcycle --------- $779.67 + NYC Sales Tax ($65.30) :mad:
Bike Bandit ------------ $775.49 + Shipping :(
Ron Ayers Motorsports - $655.94 + Shipping :doh:
Cheap Cycle Parts ----- $571.25 + Shipping :wow:
Kawasaki Parts Nation -- $546.55 + Shipping :rockon:

So, unless shipping from Kawasaki Parts Nation outrageous, they've got my vote for this restoration!

-Sloppy

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So are you glad i posted about this site? haha

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
Yup. Thanks! :smiley_th

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Shoulda bought my exhaust pipe and swing arm caps from Kawasaki Parts Nation instead of CheapCycleParts. I woulda saved a couple $ even after shipping.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
I'm hope to get V&N Cruzer pipes soon. They are few $ cheaper on motorcyclesuperstore.com than kawasakipartsnation.com after you include shipping.

kawasakipartsnation.com price = $339.95+27.48 (ground) shipping = $367.43. Usually ships in 3-5 Business days
motorcyclesuperstore.com price = $359.99 w/ free (ground) shipping - Saving of $7.44. Usually ships same day.:smiley_th

Seven bucks is seven buck, and with free same day shipping, not hard for me to make my choice as to who I'm buying them from.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I did a price comparison between Cheap Cycle parts and Kawasaki Parts Nation and Cheap Cycle Parts is still the cheapest. :smiley_th

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hm, it seems like it depedns really on waht people order. nothing like doing a little homework before purchasing!

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
hm, it seems like it depedns really on waht people order. nothing like doing a little homework before purchasing!
I have orderd hundreds of parts for the VN700/750 and no one has been able to beat Cheap cycle's price. They do have a minimum shipping charge the same as the others. If you are buying 1 or 2 parts especially o-rings or gaskets, sometimes it's cheaper to go to the dealer. I am fortunate in that I can order from my dealer and have the part in two days, Atlanta is a distribution hub.

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
I'm hope to get V&N Cruzer pipes soon. They are few $ cheaper on motorcyclesuperstore.com than kawasakipartsnation.com after you include shipping.

kawasakipartsnation.com price = $339.95+27.48 (ground) shipping = $367.43. Usually ships in 3-5 Business days
motorcyclesuperstore.com price = $359.99 w/ free (ground) shipping - Saving of $7.44. Usually ships same day.:smiley_th

Seven bucks is seven buck, and with free same day shipping, not hard for me to make my choice as to who I'm buying them from.
I can't remember where from off hand but I got mine for $322 shipped. I know it took a few hours of online hunting but figured I'd throw that out there...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
most of the time, if you need some o-rings, you just need to know the I.D. and the O.D and then take it to a hardware store, you can get the o-rings for about 30 cents and NO shipping. haha

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
I wasn't comparing jackets, helmets and pipes. You can get those anywhere. I was comparing actual parts:

SKU: 14031-1317 COVER-GENERATOR
SKU: 23037-1277 LAMP-ASSY-SIGNAL,FR
SKU: 23037-1278 LAMP-ASSY-SIGNAL,RR
SKU: 46003-1303 HANDLE BARS
SKU: 13042-1068 WEIGHT,HANDLE
SKU: 34028-1162 STEP,FR,LH
SKU: 46092-1164 LEVER-GRIP,CLUTCH
SKU: 25005-1586 SPEEDOMETER,MPH
SKU: 14024-1986 COVER,SPEEDOMETER

Parts Nation still gets my vote for now. :)

-Sloppy.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
crobins.com would be the best if she started a site!

·
ExNewbie..Still Learnin'!
256 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts