Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
'03 vn 750 red and grey
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Have an '03. Been reading the archives for highway peg info but wanted to ask opinions. Have an engine guard and want the clamp on type that go on the guard. Have a protac driver backrest (which I really like). AM 5'9. Have heard about offsets (kury brand) and regular types.I don't know the difference. What type and what brand (model # and who has it) would you all recommend ? Would like a set with a little versatility for positioning and maybe a small lip at bottom to grab bottom of my shoe. Thanks

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Hey bbar, welcome to the Vulcan madness. I see you have a few posts up now, but still have not introduced yourself on the Newbie forum.
Also go up to the User CP and fill out your profile and signature line to tell us a little more about yourself and your scoot that will appear with every post.

I finally got highway pegs installed on my scoot a year or so ago. I have Ma Kaw's Fire & Steel engine guard with the Kury offset pegs. Wingerline makes the only other aftermarket engine guard for the vn750 that I know of. It is quite different from the Kaw F&S.

The Kury offset is like a 2 or 3 inch long bicycle pedal crank that allows you to rotate it around giving you the ability adjust it in a circle on the clamp, putting the peg farther away or closer to the rider, and higher or lower.

Link to picture of kury offset pegs: http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/460/longhorn-offset-highway-pegs
Youtube video of pegs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKl8oxlTP14
There are also much less expensive pegs available, but having a little trouble finding them right now.

For comparison I am just a bit taller than you at 5' 10.5", and still pretty big at 270 lb now. (I have dropped 30 lb in the last year or so. :)) I have my pegs set so I can use the stock pegs and highway pegs separately, OR rest my heel on the stock peg and my size 12 boot toes on the highway peg. Lots of variation in foot and leg position possible to help avoid the dreaded numb butt syndrome and/or cramping from long hours in the saddle.

·
'03 vn 750 red and grey
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gordon for info; I will get over to newbie and intro myself. Will definately go with the offset. Can't afford the kury, found another mfg who makes them in peg and wing type for 1" tubing ; which I think is what my kaw guard is? Probably go peg type to better match stock pegs.

·
Registered
468 Posts
here is what i did on mine if it helps. using flat steel to extend the pegs out 6.5 inches. I'm 6 1 so this really helped a lot. the pegs came on the bike so not sure how much. seen similar ones on ebay for around 20 bucks.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts