Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have built a few Hondas but this is my first Kawasaki build. What online part houses are the cheapest with suitable service for OEM parts for the VN750A?

Can't see to find a comprehensive gasket kit either? Guess there is not one?

I used to use ServiceHonda, Cheapcycleparts.com ebay and bikebandit.com.

Suggestions?

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Nope no complete gasket kit. Lots of folks here use cheapcycleparts.com or bikebandit.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have built a few Hondas but this is my first Kawasaki build. What online part houses are the cheapest with suitable service for OEM parts for the VN750A?

Can't see to find a comprehensive gasket kit either? Guess there is not one?

I used to use ServiceHonda, Cheapcycleparts.com ebay and bikebandit.com.

Suggestions?
I've found these guys to be pretty competitive

http://www.partzilla.com/

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Most sites have ridiculous shipping charges for items that don't cost very much. Look on eBay first if you're not ordering hundreds of dollars worth of parts. Might save a bunch on shipping charges.

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
Most sites have ridiculous shipping charges for items that don't cost very much. Look on eBay first if you're not ordering hundreds of dollars worth of parts. Might save a bunch on shipping charges.
and of course look right here first!!!!!!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I always hit up my local custom shops first, even if I need to mod the part some....Ive also found that my local Kaw dealer often beats online OEM prices due to no shipping....I sometimes need to remind them though, lol...you'd be amazed at how flexible some shops are.....
Also...if you have a local custom shop...get friendly with them...buy some stuff, bring em a pizza....I go to mine, and he orders me stuff at dealer cost, no tax....I make it up to him though...venison, bear, chrome.....I LOVE the barter system....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trading chrome? Genuis.

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
I also find partzilla.com to be the least expensive....

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
I always hit up my local custom shops first, even if I need to mod the part some....Ive also found that my local Kaw dealer often beats online OEM prices due to no shipping....I sometimes need to remind them though, lol...you'd be amazed at how flexible some shops are.....
Also...if you have a local custom shop...get friendly with them...buy some stuff, bring em a pizza....I go to mine, and he orders me stuff at dealer cost, no tax....I make it up to him though...venison, bear, chrome.....I LOVE the barter system....

Hey Wolfie what shop is that? I'm constantly ordering online....

·
2,521 Posts
Since I'm doing a stator change for my buddy, I called the dealer today to see if they had a Stator cover gasket, bevel gear gasket, shift shaft seal, exhaust gaskets and the o-ring for when I do his spline lube. It was only about $5 (for everything) more than on-line and I don't have to wait for them to ship, plus I'm supporting my local business.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
great tips. thanks. ordered all the parts i need for an ear shave today. considering whether to degoat or not right now. reading all the pros and cons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts