Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Vivitar 787HD on a whim a couple weeks ago, as a cheap alternative to a GoPro. I am quite impressed with it actually! It records full 1080p videos, and came with an outrageous amount of mounts. What is most impressive, is that I bought it on sale for $39.99; Walmart right now has it back to $49.99 (still worth it).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vivitar-DVR787BLKKITWM/29531770

I recorded a short test ride video to demonstrate it. I do hope to tweak the mounts to get the most out of the cam and utilize my Zoom H1 in tandem with it for high quality sound. Check out my video here:

http://vn750.wordpress.com/

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've been thinking that it would be cool to see a vlog from the perspective of a VN750 rider. It will be neat to see what you do with it!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Nice choice of song too. I love seeing videos of where other guys and gals are riding. Looks so much different that it does here. :)

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
I have the GoPro Hero Black 3+ ninja. I'll check this one out for sure. Does yours go under water? I had mine in the Marianas trench the other day.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
That is pretty impressive. I may have to pick one of those up. My fovorite thing about the GoPro is you can do 240 Frames per second and get some awesome slow motion shots. The 720p is at 120 FPS 1080P 60 or 100FPS

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEjrKAGbqMo

Here is the latest. I wanted to try out a couple different angles, so I bumped the quality down for the time being until I get a larger memory card. Also started playing with recording sound on deck with my Zoom H1. I think I had the levels too low to capture the full sound, but its a start.

Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Good music again.

There was a weird effect when you had the camera behind you and went over some bumps and the buildings and sky looked kinda wavy. Trippy...

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
I had one of those Vivtars and it sucked (in my opinion). Wouldn't record while charging, bad resolution and quality, 20 min battery life. I got mine for about $18 with free shipping and it still wasn't worth it to me.

Best camera for your money is the "sj1000" from China, about $80. I did TONS of research. You can find videos on YouTube of the video/photo quality. Blows everything else away under $200 and it's less than half the price. True 1080, great video quality -- enough to catch someone's license plate and face. Charge while recording, pretty good battery life (a couple hours), switches off/on automatically based on the power switch. Time lapse photos. Can loop video recording and delete/overwrite if nothing happens or write-protect that segment if there's a G-sensor event (crash, hard bump in a parking lot, pothole that the city needs to pony up for wheel repairs on). Of course there's a G-sensor with 3 sensitivities to make that work. Waterproof case and handlebar mount. Some of the best $80 you can spend on a bike, IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts