Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 vn750 was hit in the apartment parking lot and the bike get misaligned and guages bent and handles bars bent. Got it back from the shop and they put 1 hour into the bike to straighten it back out and looks great but the guages still aren’t level the speedometer is lower than the tachometer and the tachometer housing shaking a bit at higher speed. Does anyone know how to straighten them back out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bracket for the tach may be cracked, mine was and it shook. Had to spot weld it.
Thanks I will have to see if the mounting metal is bent or crack because the speed is bent and the tach is positioned proper height but that one rattling. I bought 14 inch ape hangers and going through ording motion pro +5 cables and working with a shop to do the install.. maybe the can address this when the work goes down

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 2005 vn750 was hit in the apartment parking lot and the bike get misaligned and guages bent and handles bars bent. Got it back from the shop and they put 1 hour into the bike to straighten it back out and looks great but the guages still aren’t level the speedometer is lower than the tachometer and the tachometer housing shaking a bit at higher speed. Does anyone know how to straighten them back out?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Another black and silver!

I'd be tempted to grab the speedometer and tweak it up, but no guarantee how it would turn out.

My bike had been down, that's how the tach bracket broke. It shook pretty bad. You can undo the cup and peek in there, I left it on the bike to weld it. Just a couple of tack welds. No more shake .

Screws can be loose also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another black and silver!

I'd be tempted to grab the speedometer and tweak it up, but no guarantee how it would turn out.

My bike had been down, that's how the tach bracket broke. It shook pretty bad. You can undo the cup and peek in there, I left it on the bike to weld it. Just a couple of tack welds. No more shake .

Screws can be loose also.
Thanks deff gonna look into both options, easy first lol but cannot stand the unevenness while driving!

Love the paint also! I got lucky got this from the original owner who garage kept it. Only ironic that a couple weeks at my parking lot someone hits it and wonks it all up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts