Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my bike today from a dead standstill - thought the kickstand was down. :doh: Something is wacked about the front end, can't tell if I bent the forks or the handlebars. Pretty sure it was just the handlebars because one of them is wopeyed - if it was the forks, it would have been difficult to keep going straight right?

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I dropped my bike today from a dead standstill - thought the kickstand was down. :doh: Something is wacked about the front end, can't tell if I bent the forks or the handlebars. Pretty sure it was just the handlebars because one of them is wopeyed - if it was the forks, it would have been difficult to keep going straight right?
It's the handle bar, duct tape the bar and a few wacks with the sledge hammer should take care of it. :beerchug:

·
Registered
69 Posts
You could have twisted the triple tree also which would offset you front forks. I had my dad back into my bike while it was in the garage and thats what happened to mine. Just losen the bottom tree and hug the front tire with your knees and twist the handel bars until straight again. Just like you would on a huffy as a kid. Atleast thats what i did and im riding staight as an arrow!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, thanks for the advice dudes. Yes, I did have an audience - my wife, who jumped over and killed her back picking it up before I was ready to lift. I'll never hear the end of that one...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts