Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an older vulcan for sale in my neighborhood for a really low price. I asked the owner why it was so cheap and he said that he had laid it over and the front end was bent and was rubbing on the wheel and he just wanted to get rid of it but it started up just fine. Has anyone replaced a front fork/axle? Worth the discount?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Never did, but it's not that tough. To change the forks is just a few more bolts than removing only the front wheel.
Definately worth looking into if it runs good and is cheap, IMO.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking too. I just havent swapped a front end before so I was unsure. Im going to see about getting on this.

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
If the fork is bent you should be able to see it by looking at it from the front.
It could also be a bent rim or the fender tweaked.
Then there's the He took the tire off and didn't get it put back on right.

I saw an older vulcan for sale in my neighborhood for a really low price. I asked the owner why it was so cheap and he said that he had laid it over and the front end was bent and was rubbing on the wheel and he just wanted to get rid of it but it started up just fine. Has anyone replaced a front fork/axle? Worth the discount?

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
You can also often find forks on eBay. Surprise, surprise - I have a nice set of forks available, but also a set of forks that needs the seals replaced. Have the seals, too! :) If you can get a good discount from the owner, you'll be in good shape.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Most bike / machine shops can straighten the forks if they aren't too bad. Cost $40 in my local shop.

Buy it. You can always part it out.

DT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts