Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 1997 750. want to know if it is possible to convert to a belt or chain drive final. mechanical ability aside (25+ yrs as a mechanic) can it be done or is everything custom made for a project like that.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
My question would be..."Why?" Why would you want to convert it to chain? :doh: lol

If you want a Vulcan that is chain drive, just get yourself a Vulcan 800. Problem solved.:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
every thing would be custom, including the engine/transmission assembly, and swing arm too.
nothing is impossible, just very demanding work and money wise.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Short answer is "no". Long answer is "Yes, if you're an engineer and machinist with too much time, and money to burn". It would be a world's first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all. this is just for future reference. never really liked the shaft drive systems but i have almost no experience on any bike, but always looking to custom the vehicles i get. I've ridden a few bikes, all of them were belt or chain. i liked the way they feel but i have 0 time on a shaft drive bike. So maybe i will like the 750 maybe not.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Dang... there was something I was trying to forget, but... I can't remember what it was.

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
I still want to mount a Vn750 into a RZR chassis with the cvt connected at the bevel gear. I think 5th gear would be plenty then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts