Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asked my Kawi dealer for some Moly 60. He did some checking with his mechanics and verified they've been using the BelRay waterproof grease on splines. This is the shop owner, not just some computer operator working the counter, and when asked if they've burned up any splines, he said no.

There's nothing on the container about the makeup of the grease, so I don't know exactly what's in it. I do have a tub full already on my shelf.

Comments?

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I'm sure it would work fine if that's what a shop is using.
It's just really hard to beat the moly.
Most of us get it from Honda dealers as its a Honda product.
I know I won't switch. I've lubed my splines once & have never had to add any more.
I do check them pediodiy so it not like I'm ignoring it.
The $#!t just works!

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I would pursue Moly- grease.....
I have some left over, enough for 4 more spline lubes.
Moly also makes a great anti-sieze paste.

:smiley_th x2

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, no dice, in an industrial metro area of 100,000 population, 5-7 bike shops, not a drop of Moly 60 to be had anywhere.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Nope, no dice, in an industrial metro area of 100,000 population, 5-7 bike shops, not a drop of Moly 60 to be had anywhere.
I wouldn't sweat it,go with what you got on hand ,The moly paste is good stuff but if you do the lube job right with a quality grease like you have. It will surely last til your next tire change,when you will be checking them again.

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that's a good plan denny, it's settled then.

May even check it during the winter, not a hard job anyway.

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm, I would have done that if I'd thought of it sooner. If the BelRay looks bad this winter, I'll try Amazon or Ebay, Ceal found some on Ebay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts