Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a VN750 a few years ago and loved it. Did all the mods to include the ear shave, rejet and some Harley pipes. Sissy bar, luggage rack and Mustang seat made it more flexible and gave a more comfortable ride. Loved the maneuverability and spunk this bike had. Eventually bought a VN900 Custom and enjoyed that for 3-4 years. Long story...wound up parting ways with the bikes after an acquaintance had severe accident. Started another fun path with a Jimmy 4WD.

Knocking around in my workshop this evening and ran across this tool case cover, still in the wrapper. Anybody know someone that needs it?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
And there's Okie from way back! Long time, no read.

Same color tank I put on my '03. Found it new after my bike fell over on the trailer, on the way to the rebuild inspection. Inspector never left his desk.

Nice tool box, probably won't be around long.

Nice seat on the 900.

Manueverable and spunky, I'll go with that.

Just last week I was wondering where some of the names had gone, yours was one of them. Place slowed down for quite a while but has picked up in the past year with some new vulcaners.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spockster!! Yup, it's been awhile hasn't it. Life got pretty hectic for us. Hardly have time to spend doing what ya want to do, especially with this Coronacrap going on. Been blessed in that my wife and I are both considered essentials. So no income interruption. :}

I sold both my bikes and went another path. Jimmy 4WD. Nothing fancy, but I like the 2 door body style and being able to fix it up my way.

How have ya been??

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
I like the Jimmy, I'd put a GMC grille on my Blazer if I found one.

What year is yours? Mine is an '03, 4dr though. Found a nice ZR2 2dr, but was priced double high book. Found out that 4dr books higher than 2dr. ...??????

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is a 2001 2 door. I always liked that style better than the 4. Body and interior are a 9 out of 10. Very clean. I plan on keeping it for quite some time, so just had the engine rebuilt after blowing a head gasket. There are a few odds and ends I want to do still. Upgrade the speakers as a couple are blown out. I need to trace and correct an issue with the push button 4wd controls. Seems to be a common issue, just haven't had the free time to pursue. I've been working on a rental property every evening and weekend for the past several months. Just got some new tenants in there last weekend. So time is getting back to normal. :}

Attachments

Reactions: eusjma

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Picture in thread below....above

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
Looks good! You wouldn't notice if I swapped grilles with you?

Getting very familiar with the 4x4 selector and all the actuators. Pretty sure mine needs the solenoid on the firewall. Already have a new cable and vacuum actuator. It was hung up in my yard yesterday, what a mess it made, wouldn't lock in.

Wishing I would've just bought the manually operated kit, it's much more reliable and durable. It's just a cable and a knob that mounts under your dash. Pull the knob out and go.

Really tried to get that ZR2 but the seller was greedy.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
How does the manual operate for 4Lo and 4Hi? I'll have to research that one. I have the new vacuum valve that goes under vehicle on the case. From what I read on a forum, that seemed to be the culprit. If not, I've considered replacing all the vacuum lines and pod under the battery tray.

Mine will lock in. It just occasionally will start making a humming noise when driving that only goes away by punching the buttons. Then it's good for a bit, til it does it again. It's a humming, slight whining noise like it's trying to engage.

I'd probably notice the grill swap. LOL

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Wow. How ya been?

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doing good Doc. How about you?

I see your tag with RIP Wolfie... :crying: I knew he had health issues. When did he pass?

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
Wassup Doc!

Good question on the 4low. This kit is for the front axle lock in. The motor and switching for hi/lo still needs to work. Which, on mine that all works, it goes in low range etc, but the front axle stays locked out. This kit is less than the cable and actuator most of the time. Kinda high at the link, but it was quicker to post.

They claim 2-wheel low as a "feature" of this kit. And I just saw ad on the forum for a kit $50 cheaper:)

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pos-500?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKCAjw_LL2BRAkEiwAv2Y3SaQeVdzefo136divVv7wcC4mVhkhiIJrESWumRzpVCgEfB00hJvjShoC8nkQAvD_BwE
I did the vac lines, front actuator, and actuator cable last year. So the vacuum solenoid is all that's left. But it could easily be a hose, wire, or fuse, I'm laid up and can't even check a fuse.

The vacuum actuator is under the battery box. Not as bad as changing the pitman arm though. Steering box has to be removed to get the pitman arm off.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That doesn't sound like much fun! LOL I'm hoping mine is just a vacuum issue. 19 year old hoses are bound to have some leakage, I'm sure. I found several posts of people having similar issues as mine. Most were cured with the small vacuum modulator that goes on the differential/transmission. The valve tends to stick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts