Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang...
Sort of an off the wall post, but if anybody is looking to replace their wheel bearings, www.BearingsDirect.com may be one way to go.
I ordered a set for the front/rear. This week I'm doing new tires, bearings, rear brake shoes and FD oil, and checking my work on the spline lube I did 6k mi ago.
Our front bearings are industry standard metric 6302, the rears are 6303. I got both w/ 2 Rubber seals, so I'll be upgrading the fronts, which are open on one side (I think).
BearingsDirect sent me UBC bearings, which as far as I can research, have a very good rep, and have some of the highest load carrying specs I've found.
They are not as cheap as OEM, but I think they are definite upgrades. I have just passed 32,000mi, and my fronts squeal noticeably.
They got them to me in 10 days from the day I ordered...

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
Please keep us posted on how it the replacement goes.

RB

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Red Baron said:
Please keep us posted on how it the replacement goes.

RB
Did the rear tire today. I'm in the learning mode right now...took off the rear yesterday and will change both for the first time as soon as the new Metz880s show up.
Popping those bearings out was straightforward, I took my time bc it was a first for me. The replacements from UBC/Bearings Direct fit perfectly...thank goodness for Industry standards! I was extra carefull tapping them in, but they went in no problem.
I used my Clymer's as guide, but I feel another write-up may be in the works...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts