Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
A stout, reliable battery is one of the best ways to insure the long-term health of your bike's charging system.

Soooooo....if you are looking for a new battery for your bike, stick with a MF (sealed), AGM battery.....from a trusted, proven brand name like Yuasa, Westco, Deka, Sears "Diehard", etc. Make sure you chose a battery that is listed to fit our bike.

When you get your new battery, make sure the battery has been fully charged/prepped b4 you put it in the bike. You can simply trickle-charge it overnite if you are not sure of this (but use the appropriate size "smart" charger for your new battery--with a charge rating of 1.5 amps, or less). Of course, 1st add the appropriate fluid if the battery is shipped "dry".

When the bike is not in use (especially for extended periods of time), try to keep the bike's battery connected to one of the newer "smart" battery chargers--again, with a rating of 1.5 amps, or less.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,934 Posts
^ All that's good advise.... But you can also step into the 21st century and go with a lithium iron battery.

No real need to stick on a charger, unless you are off the bike for more than 4 months, as it holds a charge longer than an AGM.

http://www.shoraipower.com/default.aspx

It's been reccomended to get the 18 amp hour battery over the 14.

These batteries cost more, as most newer technologies are, but may outlive the AGM battery by twice the usual lifespan.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
It's a cheap Chinese knock off. I purchased 1 from eBay and the + terminal snapped off. The seller ended up sending me 2 more batteries at no extra charge with the same results before he refunded my money fully and I ended up with a Deka anyways.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
STAY AWAY!!!!
I bought one of those end of last season & it went to crap in a hurry. They sent me a replacement & it was just as junky. It came leaking acid or it was spilt when filling then packaged. Either way this is a waste of time battery.

Don Even Accept It If It's FREE!

I ended up buying this battery. TrueGel & love it.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
I use WestCos, because I already invested in 6 Battery Tender Jr.s, and have gotten used to hooking them up when I park the bike. I even had to install an extra outlet in the garage to plug them into (well, actually, I needed another outlet there anyway)

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
STAY AWAY!!!!
I bought one of those end of last season & it went to crap in a hurry. They sent me a replacement & it was just as junky. It came leaking acid or it was spilt when filling then packaged. Either way this is a waste of time battery.

Don Even Accept It If It's FREE!

I ended up buying this battery. TrueGel & love it.
What is the part number of the TrueGel battery you chose Kanuck?
I`m having a little trouble deciding which one is the biggest that will fit in the battery box.

It looks like the most obvious choice is MG14A-A2. 134mm X 88mm X 176mm, with 190 CCA. It is a bit wider and taller than the battery I have.

My MF-AGM battery measures about 130mm long X 89mm wide X 165mm tall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts