Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1985 kawasaki vn700 a1
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay guys got a new problem wanted to see if u have any ideas. i bought a new battery from walmart and after three days the battery is dead. i may have not charged it long enough but i was wanting to know if there is something else wrong with it. let me know what to do

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
id have the battery tested is it a mf agm batt? if the batt is bad see if u can trade up... now im leaning towards the electrical system i start with a fully charged batt (its not a good idea to use our bike to charge batt) and test voltage at idle and at 4000k and repost to the thread... if the bike is charging u should get close to 14volts at 4000 roms if its not there is a test in my signiture for testing the stator and the clymers makes a good refrence to testing the rectifier...

i do recomend the agm battery no matter what ...

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
You know, it's possible your problems from your other thread are related to your battery issue. Get the battery checked at autozone and see if it's got a dead cell in it or something. If the battery is good, fully charge it and reinstall (unless it's a wet cell, then buy a maintenance free AGM battery), then check it out as seebeeare stated to see if your charging system needs work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts