Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ratbiker
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, like a good little boy I checked the other threads to make sure no one else had already asked this question. :)

I did the stator replacement a few years ago and I'm thinking of installing a voltmeter on the bike so I can see it coming the next time. The Kuryakyn one is nice (not the chrome one tho) but I've seen the following one listed.

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/eshopprod_cat_1713-3250-3251_product_163463_ke yword_4-239.Digital_5-Function_Volt_Meter.htm

Is it any good? I read somewhere it doesn't have much resolution and doesn't give an accurate readout.

GP

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi gp,

I installed this voltmeter on my bike back in the spring and it has worked very well. I like getting more information like the time and temp. The voltage readout is accurate compared to my digital voltmeter. I have had problems with finding a good place to mount it. I need to get a dash board!!

Andy

·
Registered
115 Posts
Go here for a real nice dashboard.

http://metriccustomcreations.com/Main.html

ab750 said:
Hi gp,

I installed this voltmeter on my bike back in the spring and it has worked very well. I like getting more information like the time and temp. The voltage readout is accurate compared to my digital voltmeter. I have had problems with finding a good place to mount it. I need to get a dash board!!

Andy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Sgt,

Do you have one of these dashboards? Is there any glare from the sun setting over your shoulder?

Andy

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had this voltmeter installed for a year now...only problem is the clock jumping ahead an hour occasionally. Installed with velcro on the handlebar clamp, wired thru a connector for easy removal. BTW, the black ice alert does work.

Chic Bumgarner (glydrgydr)
Sumner, WA
VROC #14560
'04 VN750 "Windsong"
Westco MF battery & float charger connector
Digital voltmeter/temperature/clock
chrome wide levers
Memphis Shades "Demon" windshield
Chrome ride bell (thanks, Dianna)
Willie & Max saddlebags

1 - 6 of 6 Posts