Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this "automatic float charger", and when reading instructions I found a CAUTION 'TO PREVENT BATTERY DAMAGE"--DO NOT USE ON GEL LEAD ACID OR AGM TYPE BATTERIES. The box or the ad never mentioned that. And I wondered why they are being sold at close-out price. LOL I can use it on my lawn mower and scooter.

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
CAUTION 'TO PREVENT BATTERY DAMAGE"--DO NOT USE ON GEL LEAD ACID OR AGM TYPE BATTERIES.

Well my question here is if you can not use it on Gel, lead acid , or AGM batteries, exactly what type of battery is left? Dry cells?

Yeah, I got 675 rechargable lithium "D" cells powering my ride..................

KM

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
I bought this "automatic float charger", and when reading instructions I found a CAUTION 'TO PREVENT BATTERY DAMAGE"--DO NOT USE ON GEL LEAD ACID OR AGM TYPE BATTERIES. The box or the ad never mentioned that. And I wondered why they are being sold at close-out price. LOL I can use it on my lawn mower and scooter.
Did you also read that it WON'T Charge the Battery Only keep it Charged.
And it has to be a fully charged Battery before you put it on it.

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
I was looking at this one.

ITEM 99857-1VGA

$16.99

1.5 Amp Three Stage Onboard Battery Charger/Maintainer

This high frequency technology charger will charge batteries up to 3x faster than traditional chargers.

Three-stage fully automatic charging protects and prolongs battery life
Auto on/off trickle charging stage keeps 12 volt batteries fully charged without overcharging
Equipped with overload protection, short circuit protection, and reverse polarity protection for added safety
Also great for maintaining batteries while in storage
Has LED charge indicators
Includes a bracket for permanent mounting

Overall dimensions: 3-7/16" W x 5" L x 1-3/8" H

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It works on Lead Acid but not on GEL Lead Acid. So yes it works on the liquid acid / lead plate batteries . Yes, as stated by 524, the battery must have min of 12 volts before using this float charger, but that is normal. It is not for Glass mat or Gel Types. The tramformer is labeled 15 volts 600ma. The "Gel lead acid" was direct quote, not my choice of words. I would have said not for Gel or Glass Mat types.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts