Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my battery ground cable (going from terminal to frame on side of battery) is pretty thin, probably about 12ga, and has been replaced because it has yellow crimp-on rings on it. I assume this should have around a 8ga cable like the positive, correct?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't know about the size, but have you checked the on line info at buykawasaki.com? I think thats it. they have complete parts diagram for the bikes, also have you checked out gYpSy'S web site. she talks a good deal about the battery cables/connections as well as a multitude of other VN7xx issues. Good luck.

·
Registered
200 Posts
nitrofish420 said:
I noticed my battery ground cable (going from terminal to frame on side of battery) is pretty thin, probably about 12ga, and has been replaced because it has yellow crimp-on rings on it. I assume this should have around a 8ga cable like the positive, correct?
My main ground is around 8g I think. It's def a thicker than 12g.
When you fix it, you might run another ground from that frame point to another good ground using 10 or 12g wire....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got some left over 8ga from a previous amplifier install, so I'll use some of that. (I think using the 1/0 cable I've got might be a little overkill...:) ) I just need to pick up some terminal rings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts