Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a stupid question, but is it ok to charge the battery with the battery connected to the bike, or should I remove one or both terminals?

Thanks.

·
Registered
900 Posts
This is probably a stupid question, but is it ok to charge the battery with the battery connected to the bike, or should I remove one or both terminals?

Thanks.
it will be fine on the bike.. in fact most chargers will come with a "pig tail" that you bolt to the battery that you can connect/disconect at will and then hide the cable untill you need to charge it again... some have acctualy used this cable to power other things when not in use as a chargeing cable.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts

Thanks.
As long is it's a low amp charger there's no reason to disconnect the battery. Most chargers sold for bikes are (as mentioned above) sold with quick connect leads that you can leave connected to the battery all the time. Thus you don't have to remove the seat every time you want to charge the battery.

I tucked my charger lead behind a side cover so I could pull it out when needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts