1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I got a battery tender at Wal-Mart for around 20 bucks. And also the batt. I think the batt was about 80 bucks. It is the AGM batt.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
The Advanced Auto is the one I bought (etx15L) and seems to be holding up well. Paid $74.19 out the door. Batt tenders are relatively cheap, some less than $20. I have 2, one is a 2 amp, but prefer the 1.5.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I found a power pack for a cordless phone charger, output is 12v dc @ 750ma, same stats as a Battery Tender, it just doesn't have the circuitry to shut off at full charge. Put some alligator clips on it and have been using it on my tractor battery with a timer.

I was able to snag a new Battery Tender off Ebay for $1 + shipping, will use it on the bike.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
a battery float charger is a low current output made to just keep the battery from loosing its juice over the winter.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automatic-battery-float-charger-42292.html

A battery tender usually has a higher current output to bring the battery to peak then it will drop down to a lower current 'float' mode.

I have never tended my batteries and never had a problem, I charge them now and again with a 10A/2A charger

good luck

kenny

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I got a battery tender at Wal-Mart for around 20 bucks. And also the batt. I think the batt was about 80 bucks. It is the AGM batt.
I bought the same two days ago.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schumacher-Automotive-SpeedCharge-Battery-Maintainer-and-Charger/13005742

I did some research on it after the fact and there have been a number of complaints on it's dependability. The reviews are from Amazon.com. I did use it and it worked. The different lights on it seemed a little screwy. :motorcycl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts